Question

Access to present employees

• 26 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Does anyone know if it’s possible to set HR access so that person will be able to see all employees in the Present employees window without having access to all employees in  time cards,  employee records etc.

I cannot find any specific access attribute for this window.

We are on IFS10 upd 14

Regards,

Anna

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Anna,

The Access Attributes and Access Roles in the HCM module only grants access to HR-data - it does not control what pages/windows the individual have access to. That can however be controlled via permission sets for the User.

In your question your write “Person”. Is this only a Person or is this an Employee? If it is an Employee who should only have access to its own HR-functions (Self Service), but on top of that only be able to view all Employees in a specific page (Present Employees), but not in other pages: then that can be achieved with HR Access + unique permission sets for that User (also works if it is only a Person).

If the individual however should have access to different “Manager Pages” , but only see all employees in one specific page; then I think it is more of a challenge. Could however be possible with very specific setups of permission sets, but probably much work.

Could you please be more specific on who should have access and why?

Best Regards,

Magnus  

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, here are some more details.

There are few employees responsible for occupational health and safety and the requirement is that they need access to see all employees in the overview Present employees. In self service HR windows they should only have access to own data.

I know how to grant them access to the present employees window but  HR access is needed on top of this and setting them up in supervisor access with position that got access to all employees  I can achive this. Tricky part is that it’s only in this window we would like them to see all employees and not in others.

/Anna

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@atvanst You can create a quick report about employees overview. There are a few important points. You must use IAL Object in your quick report. The IAL object must copy the data. If you set it as live data. It will check the SQL query of the IAL object for view and API permissions of the user.

Finally, don’t forget the give permission for the quick report and IAL object. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Anna,

As mentioned you can create a report, but I still think the Person/Employee must have sufficient HR Access since it is HR-data we are talking about.

Now, I do not know exactly what Employee-data you want the Health & Safety people to be bale to see; however, if you crate an Access Role and use the “Limited Access” setting, you will limit the access to only the Access Attributes linked to the Role. Thus, if you have Limited Access and only the Expense attribute, the individuals with that Role will only be able to see Expense data for the Employee. Maybe this is a solution for you? Using this you can explicitly control what HR-data to give access to and then it might not matter if the Health & Safety people have access to Manager Time Reporting pages, because they do not have access to the Time Reporting data.

Set a new Access Role up, link it to a User, login and test. Please view screenshot (not from App10, but settings are the same).

Regards,

Magnus

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

This is the window we like them to have access to, this overview show the employees clocked in so present at work. It’s used for emergency situations.

My problem is that I cannot find any access attribute related to this window.

/Anna

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Anna,

The window “Present Employees” does not have any dedicated HCM-access. The HCM-data used in the page is however foremost “Employee” and “Time Registration” data. Thus, if you create a new Access Attribute (you can copy the standard attribute TIME_DIARY_NO_AUTH and make changes according to my screenshot) and then add it to an Access Role with “Limited Access” as my previous screenshot - that should do it.

If that does not work, it could be the case that this page has not been designed with the purpose of non-HR personnel having access to it. If this requirement is important, I then suggest raising a case.

Also note, there are many other columns in this page: Supervisor, Org., Pos., Work Location etc. Thus, there are much data that might require specific access to be able to view. I however guess that seeing employee and if they are clocked in is the most important.

Best Regards,

Magnus