Question

Access Attributes HCM - Approval Flow for Holidays

• 27 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

Hi IFS-Community! 

We are using APPS10 and want to enable the approval flow for holidays. 

The employee should register holidays (this is only possible in “my absence calendar” and the absence registration assistant, right?), the supervisor should approve the requested holiday and HR should authorize the request. 

All other absences should be registered by the employee and approved and authorized by HR. 

For this I set up the following access roles: 

Self-Access: 

This is the supervisors’ role: 

And this is the HR-Accessrole: 

atm the supervisor is allowed to approve all absences but not holidays.. I need this the other way round.

Any suggestions what may help? 

Thanks in advance, 

Veronika 

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Veronika,

First of all, how do you have the Holiday set up? As a Time Balance or as an Absence Limit?

Your question 1: “The employee should register holidays (this is only possible in “my absence calendar” and the absence registration assistant, right?), the supervisor should approve the requested holiday and HR should authorize the request.”

Answer 1: If the Employee is to do a request for holiday, then yes, it should be done in the “absence calendar”. The Employee can however of course just register holiday directly in some Time Reporting page, without a request routine. You also write that “the supervisor should approve and HR authorize”. Is this what you really need or just the way you think it has to work? When I set this up, the Employee registers the request and the supervisor approves. With the standard Access Attributes the Authorization happens automatically. HR is never involved and the authorization is not a mandatory step (as in Expense).

Suggestion 1: I see you have setup Absence Plan. My experience is that most customers choose to only use Absence Request and not Plan. Using Plan means that you first plan and later request. Many customers find this to be double work and also want to reduce the risk of the employees forgetting to convert the Plan into an actual Request.

You main question: You want the supervisors to handle holiday, but HR handle all other absence. Are all absences set up as Absence Types with the request activated? Because as far as I know you cannot really select that some Absence Requests should be handled by the supervisor and some should be handled by HR. You can however have as a routine that the supervisors only approve holiday and HR the rest.

If you only set up the holiday as an Absence Request, you can also separate the handling by only giving the supervisors access to Absence Approval page; while they do not have access to Absence Registrations (where the employees register everything apart from holiday).

Best Regards,

Magnus