Skip to main content
Solved

Absence Actions

• 13 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone point me to some examples of setting up Absence actions?  I checked the help and it doen’t make things very clear.

I’d like an absence action to be created when an employee returns to work.  I can make it work partially using T-ACTION with the following parameters:

1;2;2;1;10;5;10;1

I’m struggling with paramter 4: Start Day Value; does anyone know what values are acceptable in this parameter?  What value would I enter for the end of the absence (ie, when the employee returns).

If anyone has any examples of Absence actions I’d be really interested to see.

Many thanks,

Scott

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi Scott

Long time no speak, I hope you’re well.

I have a reasonably good understanding of absence actions and can help.

What you’re doing here with the day start value is defining how soon after the employee returns to work that the employee should be prompted to complete a return to work document, with day end being the number of days they have to complete it before IFS flags that the work has not been completed.

Thanks

Colin

Badge +4

Hi Colin.  Good to hear from you!  Thanks for this.  We’ve almost got this working for us, but still struggling a bit.  I’ve entered 2 as the day start value, but actions are being created on the 2nd day of absence rather than 2 days after the employee returns to work.

The intention is for the manager to enter the absence on the first day of sickness as an ongoing absence, then when the employee returns the ongoing absence ends and an action is generated.

Cheers,

Scott