Solved

A simple way to create an employee in IFS9? Or way to input data into IFS9 from external

• 21 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Looking for a way to create a new employee into IFS 9 programmatically. There doesn’t seem to be any BizApis to call to do this and was wondering is someone else faced this issue or how to do it. Company uses a HCM system as the SOR and wanting to create this person automatically into IFS9. I have been able to get a message into IFS9 but after that I am stumped as I am not an IFS pro. Other thoughts have been to create a procedure wrapper to call either a package to insert the data into tables directly but I always fear missing a db constraint.

icon

Best answer by Manoj Ruwanhewa 31 October 2021, 09:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge +15

Hi @mikeb95 ,

Employees creation from an inbound BizAPI call, is not available in the standard application. 

As I can see the , available option is to send employees details as an outbound service.

As per my understanding, its not an insert into one table and its not a simple process. 

Employee creation need to create a person as well as an oracle users.

Furthermore, there are lot of reference tables available to keep employee details separately.

For example,communication method, salaries, etc,

So this functionality has not exposed as an external service in standard APP9.

But programmatically this can be achieved by a modification as you mentioned

Or you can try out to fill the data with excel migration but considering all the db constraints and

Regards

Manoj