Question

Send order confirmation

• 27 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello All , 

I want to send automatically send an order confirmation VIA EDI when the CO is created.

I tried to check the box Send Order Confirmation in the customer screen ( screenshot below) , but It didn’t work, I still have the option in customer order via RMB.

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Hanane 

When the check box, Send Order Confirmation, is selected, order confirmation message can be sent to the demanding site, only if the pegged purchase order is changed and the demanding customer order is updated.

If you want to send order confirmation to the customer (using EDI message function),

• Basic data for the EDI message function must have been set up in IFS/Connectivity.
  • You must have entered data for EDI for applicable customer in the Customer/Message Setup. The Method Default option must be enabled for the message.
  • The customer order should have been created by processing an incoming customer order.
  • If Line Level confirmation is allowed on Site/Sales and Procurement/Sales tab, correct confirmation status must be set on customer order lines and rental order lines before sharing.
Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Thank you for the reply.

I am currently capable of sending an order confirmation via EDI, but I would like to automate the process.

When an order is created and has the status "planned,"  an order confirmation is sent to the customer automatically via EDI without requiring manual RMB action.

KR,

Hanane 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

just to clarification for this point:

you want the automation sending happened when the status is “planned” not changed to “released”

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Hanane I guess you could achieve this by using a proper order type that doesn’t stop after order is Released.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

@sherry  it’s not an obligation, if it’s easier to do it after the release then it’s ok 

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

@Marcel.Ausan  I tried that , but It didn’t work .

Also the event is about the printing option , I was talking about send order confirmation .

Thank you 

Hanane

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hanane At the step of Release, the ORDRSP message should be sent - at manual release or automatic incoming CO release.

Send Order Confirmation ticked with other correct message setup should be there. Make sure ORDRSP has a default message class combination defined at both customer and supplier. 

If that is also okay, see if the demand site is enforcing purchase order change orders, 

You can also observe the background job in error state as below if change orders are enforced. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Thank you @Vimukthi Mahakumbura .

Everything is checked and configured. Still, the order confirmation is not sent automatically on CO release.

Kr,

Hanane

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Hanane My second screenshot, which is Enforce use of POCO, it should be disabled. Enabling it results the error as I have pointed which can stop you from the desired outcome. 
Is that also the same?
I ask this again cz you say everything is checked :)