Question

Import Image and attach to a Work Task using External file

• 28 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi All, 

Requirement: Update Work Order entries, including document uploads (images), to the Task Step level directly using an External File Template via the External File Assistant wizard.

We have developed an external file type to update Work Orders to the Task Step level, and it is working successfully.

Now, we need to handle the document upload part.

Could someone please provide me with the PL/SQL code to upload a document into IFS APP10?

Thanks,

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Janu Jayarathna 

How are you planning to upload documents via external file assistant? Correct me if I’m wrong but as far as I know external file assistant supports only plain text files, not binary files like documents.

Regarding creating a document and attaching to any IFS object, you can find some example code from below posts

Create new document with empty file | IFS Community

PL/SQL or C# code to check in a document | IFS Community

Hope it helps!

Damith

Badge +2

Hi @dsj ,

I need to upload an image file which contains the steps for the work task. I plan to store the image file in the same location as the CSV file and add a parameter to the External File Template with the file path and name of the file.

Is it feasible to develop this?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Janu Jayarathna 

Document import from IEE works with client libraries and I’m not sure if it’s possible to import a document by giving the file name using external files.

If you are running this in the background and the files are in the database server, then you could import the document file using ut_file utility (assuming the document repository is database). Check below topic for similar content document attachments | IFS Community

But this would not be a future proof solution since the database server access is limited in IFS Cloud and you won’t be able to use the same solution when upgraded.

Regards,

Damith