Question

Identity Field in GL Voucher Analysis

• 9 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

hi 

i was checked “ GL Voucher Analysis” and found out “identity” Field was filled when Voucher Type was “SI” or  “CI” ( Supplier Invoice And Customer Invoice).

My Question is, Is There Any Configuration To Fill This Field For Another Voucher Types? For Example “SM” Voucher Types ( Voucher Type For  Stock Movement like Purchase Order Receipts)

3 replies

Badge

Hi,

As per my understanding, this field displays the identity of the customer, supplier or employee. This can be found not only in  “SI” or  “CI” Voucher types but also in payment-related voucher types as well. 

Examples:- Payment received, Application for Payment, Personnel Transaction, Corrections

Further, the supplier identity is also shown for vouchers connected to Function Group 0. Do you have any customer, supplier or employee records connected with MPL vouchers?

Best regards,

Thakshila

Platned

Badge +6

Hi,

As per my understanding, this field displays the identity of the customer, supplier or employee. This can be found not only in  “SI” or  “CI” Voucher types but also in payment-related voucher types as well. 

Examples:- Payment received, Application for Payment, Personnel Transaction, Corrections

Further, the supplier identity is also shown for vouchers connected to Function Group 0. Do you have any customer, supplier or employee records connected with MPL vouchers?

Best regards,

Thakshila

Platned

Thank you for your reply. You’re correct, but my question is this:

I want the ‘Identity’ field to be filled when a ‘Receipt with Purchase Order’ transaction occurs in the system.

after Below Steps:

1- Transfer inventory transaction.

2-update GL
I want to see identity filed in GL Voucher Analysis view as I can see this field in SI or CI Voucher Types.

The voucher type for this transaction is defined as ‘SM’(Stock Movement) , which is connected to the ‘L’ Function Group in System

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

There is a reason for the “Identity” column to be blank in the G/L: many companies want to minimize the number of posting rows in the G/L. This is made using the Voucher Summary function that can be set up to summarize the amounts where the rows have the same postings.

This summary takes place on transfer to G/L. 

Since the summarized rows can have many different suppliers, customers, employees et c. the identity column will be left blank. IFS has made the column blank also if no summary is in use.

So, you will have to create a quick report or  configure a lobby element to get what you want.