Question

How to get the LOV reference information from database

• 4 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I need to get LOV reference information from database.

I know there is a table called “DICTIONARY_SYS_VIEW_COLUMN” to get all column information with reference, but the reference mentioned in this table is more generic.

Meaning, if I want to get the lov name “Supplier_Country_LOV”, this table it has referece as “IsoCountry”. 

but in the system information, it shows as  “Supplier_Country_LOV” as LOV reference.

Please help me to figure out  “Supplier_Country_LOV” information from database?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Denuka,

I just played around a littlebit and found CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_VALUES.

Have you tried the debug console to see the ORACLE SQL?

Hope that helps a bit.

BR

Michael

Badge +1

hi Micheal,

Thanks for reply, yes I try to check the debug console, but these information is not logged in debug console.

As you can see, in system information it shows as “Supplier_Country_LOV”, but when I checked same from logical unit screen its looks like below.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Dinuka,

thanks for your quick reaction and your screenshots!
I’m not shure if I understand your problem! :-)

First Debugger:
When I focus the masks as in your screenshot, and search (F3) again, the debug will show:
select OBJID, OBJVERSION, CUSTOMER_ID, ADDRESS_ID, COMPANY, SUPPLY_COUNTRY, FEE_CODE, &AO.STATUTORY_FEE_API.Get_Description(COMPANY,FEE_CODE), &AO.STATUTORY_FEE_API.Get_Fee_Rate(COMPANY,FEE_CODE), &AO.STATUTORY_FEE_API.Get_Valid_From(company,FEE_CODE), &AO.STATUTORY_FEE_API.Get_Valid_Until(company,FEE_CODE), TAX_ID_NUMBER, TAX_CODE_SELECTION from &AO.CUSTOMER_DELIVERY_FEE_CODE where CUSTOMER_ID=:p0 AND ADDRESS_ID = :p1 AND COMPANY=:p2 AND SUPPLY_COUNTRY = :p3

Where SUPPLY_COUNTRY = US (in my example)

The SUPPLY_COUNTER_LOV (VIEW!!!) is defined as follows:

I’m not realy shure but the field COLUMN_REFERENCE in DICTIONARY_SYS_VIEW_COLUMN to me looks like a “comment” field.
In the system I work the moment (a german customer) nearly 90% of all rows in the DICTIONARY_SYS_VIEW_COLUMN  are null.
278790/ 313600

So I can’t imagine that this values are of much worth.

HTH

BR
Michael

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Dinuka,

I searched a little bit more:
Look:

The script is focused on getting infos starting with View-name and searching for IFS masks
(under which mask the database object is lying?)

But gives also infos about sys.all_dependencies.

HTH

BR

Michael

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Dinuka

You can check reference_sys_tab or user_col_comments

select * from reference_sys_tab where ref_name = 'IsoCountry' and view_name like 'CUST%TAX%' order by view_name;

select * from user_col_comments where comments like '%^REF=IsoCountry%' and table_name like 'CUST%TAX%' order by table_name;

But in SUPPLY_COUNTRY_LOV there is no reference to IsoCountry

Jean-Luc