Question

How much time to calculate a Project's Gross Requirement?

• 14 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 275 replies

Hi,

Calculating the Gross Requirement for a project takes 5 minutes for our system. Is it normal? How can we improve this process? Any suggestion?

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi Hasan,
5 minutes sounds to be to long for this action in my opinion.
What IFS version are you using or the customer is using?
Maybe some customizations were made in this program area?
You could check up the source code (if available to you) of the database package which is shown in field function and check if you will find some commented changes in the code.

Or you could use IFS performance analyser (if available to you and your IFS version) or a performance analyser of your preferred SQL query tool. In such tools you can find out the reason or “bad guy” within a process very fast, at least in most of the cases.
I hope this hints will help you.
Kind Regards,
Andi

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Andreas Begerl Hi Andreas,

We are using IFS 10 version 5. Just I wonder if is it normal to take this time for this process. I will check the procedure.

Badge +1

Hi

Working with another A10 customer who reported GRC performance issues during ORT. IFS Support and R&D provided a number of performance patches that in combination significantly improved the GRC execution times.

Depending on the check boxes selected the calculation performs different levels of calcs/updates.

(a) Gen Material Plans On/Off and (b) Update Proj Connections On/Off

Off + Off = lowest

On + Off = medium

On + On = high

These patches were delivered in U19 & U20 and there would be too many dependencies to backport to U5 so I would recommend you consider applying the latest Update 21.