Customer Success - Is it worth additional investment?

• 15 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We’ve experienced significant challenges with cloud services and support.  We’ve been advised that we’ll have a better experience if we upgrade support to Customer Success.  Thoughts on Customer Success...is it valuable?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@CJNardozzi  Cannot agree with you more!!!

Our experience reflects yours and I certainly would not be signing onto a very expensive agreement on the promise that you would see an improvement. I would look elsewhere, there are other options out there, that is what we are doing.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

At my previous company we had all the Sales Pitches for Success as part of the Cloud upgrade. My gut feel was in influenced the Salesman’s Bonus so we had the full sell for a while.

Until we pointed out there was no engagement from the business or willingness to pay for things they thought we should be getting as standard - given the increased annual costs of Cloud to Apps 9.

Badge

@CJNardozzi please send us an email at lifecycleservices@ifs.com with  your details and a summary of the types of issues you’ve been facing and I’ll personally respond with the right team members engaged. 

IFS Success should not generally be seen as a remedy for issues you are experiencing with existing services and we need to understand i) what the issues are ii) what the expectations are and iii) what the right mix of technical, human and process will help to resolve. 

That being said, IFS Success can provide a lot of benefits, with Customer Success Management working with your business and IT stakeholders on a joint Success Plan and enhanced access to expertise and guidance on a range of common, operational and complex topics, most Success customers do experience an acceleration of adoption and use of features/value within the solution. All of this should enhance your solution and use of other services, it in no way overlaps. IFS Success is a choice and you’d need to have a Success Plan in place before deciding if it’s right for your business. But lets engage first to understand the issues and if it makes sense we can connect you with a number of IFS Success customers and they can share their direct experience with the service. 

Best regards,
Matt Kempson

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Mattkempson thank you.  We’re already engaged with leadership from North America.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@CJNardozzi 

Search on the community, you’ll find several posts from other customers related to the challenges you are facing.  We didn’t spend more than an hour listening to the sales pitch for IFS Success and have found that you will likely get much more value for your money spending it with IFS Partners who will help you on your journey.  We have used both Cooper Software and Anthesis for various aspects of support and project work to supplement our team. Also, I’ve heard good things about WIA Systems and Rutterkey though we haven’t engaged them directly.

As has been mentioned, IFS Success is not the remedy to problems you are already experiencing as they are rooted elsewhere.