Question

Customer Invoice Cancelation for PostedAuth status

• 21 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am currently facing an issue with canceling customer invoices that are derived from the Sales module. Unfortunately, this arises when there are mistakes in the data of the customer invoices, such as pre-postings.

This is a significant problem that needs to be addressed. While we can cancel an invoice and post it with the corrected data on the same page as the Manual Supplier Invoice or Manual Customer Invoice, we are currently unable to do the same for a customer invoice. This is causing a great deal of inconvenience and is impacting our productivity. Although we have correction and credit invoice options, these options are not useful in solving this specific issue. We need a solution that will allow us to cancel a customer invoice and print (post) it with the corrected data.

Therefore, I would be grateful if you could suggest a solution to the above-mentioned problem. Your prompt attention and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Mohsen 

As far as I know, printed customer invoice cannot be cancelled. 

What you can do is do a correction invoice instead. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

If the missed pre-posting entries is the issue then perhaps you should develop an event that stops the invoicing process if pre-posting is missing. Such issues are purely internal and should not affect the customer.

So, my recommendation is not to solve this by sending correction invoices to the customer. Internal fixes should stay internal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@JJäthing agree. thank you for your input.