Question

Apply approval template

• 19 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello everyone ,

Is there a way to apply an approval template to a selection of customers without using the method in the package , I don’t have access to it .

Currently , I attach for each customer the approval template manually ,but it’s taking a lot of time .

Thank you,

Hanane

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Hanane There is no such out-of-box capability that I know of. Anyway I m not certain the business flow that you are handling here. 

If you dont mind, can you please add a screen capture of the window that you are trying to attach the Approval Process?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Hanane as @Buddhika Kurera mentions, there’s no way to add the Approval template automatically on any LU in IFS. For all the customers that I worked for and needed an approval process (Sales Quotations / Customer Orders) then the solution was to:

→ create a custom event to attach the approval template when the CO / SQ is created

→ create a 2nd custom event to block the release of the SQ / CO if the approval template is not 100% approved.

I don’t see any way of achieving this except through custom events.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Thank you both for your answers.

I already created the custom event to attach the approval template for each new customer and do the controls later. However, I was looking for a way to attach the approval template for older customers already saved in IFS.

As I didn’t have much time, I ended up doing it manually.

Kind Regards,

Hanane

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Hanane I guess you could write your cursor to get all the Customers that don’t have an approval template and have a for loop to assign an approval template to each customer that doesn’t have one.

This way, the 1st time when that event will run, it will add an approval template to all customers and then, when the 2nd customer is created it will only add the template to that specific customer as all the others will already have the approval template attached.