Question

Workflow to create resource groups

• 29 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I’m trying to automate a process involving creating resource groups using workflow. I’ve found the projection NewResourceGroup, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to work inside a workflow. It works fine though Postman.

Workflow:

The first step creates the resource group. Defined as:

And an object seem to be created:

I’ve understood that to use bound actions I need to read the object before and result looks OK after read:

I get no errors in the two following call actions:

However, no resource group is created:

I’m able to create a resourcegroup using the same parameters, but doing the same api calls directly from postman. 
I’m obviously missing something in the workflow, but what? Anyone that has experienced something similar?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

How are you executing the workflow?

When we run a workflow in inspection/debug mode, execution will not change data in the system. It will only do a test run to see if the workflow can be executed without a problem. 

Badge +3

How are you executing the workflow?

When we run a workflow in inspection/debug mode, execution will not change data in the system. It will only do a test run to see if the workflow can be executed without a problem. 

Thank you! I was running it in debug mode…

I’ve now added a workflow action in the appropiate command group and can execute the workflow. I do seem to have an issue with ResourceSeq. When using the API from postman I can omit ResourceSeq from the JSON and the system creates the resourcegroup.
If I in the workflow omit ResourceSeq IFS cloud seem to add it automatically. If I try to define it as NULL in the activity I get:

Any idea how to solve this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

In workflow side when you omit the ResourceSeq value it will not allocate a value to ResourceSeq. (this could make this value null). this behavior should be similar to that in postman.  if you define the value as NULL that could cause this error 

you can also check if the ResourceSeq attribute gets passed into the workflow as an input..  if that's the case you can try to remove that value inside the workflow before calling the create resourcegroup task.

Badge +3

ResourceSeq is automatically passed to the workflow. With a small codesnip I removed it and now it works like a charm.

Thank you for the guidance and help!