Solved

Work Flow Projection Task for Put Method

• 6 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hello,

In a workflow projection (now called API) task, we have the below action options.

1. Create (HTTP POST)
  2. Read (HTTP GET)
  3. Update (HTTP PATCH)
  4. Delete (HTTP DELETE)
  5. Call (API Methods)

This is great for most use cases, but PATCH is not the only HTTP method for updating resources via web requests. In my particular case, I need to send a PUT request to one of the IFS APIs to update certain data. Is there a way to invoke the PUT method through a projection task? I know I can setup a service user, obtain a bearer token, and run a REST call, but I would rather not have all that additional overhead.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Dylan

icon

Best answer by kamnlk 8 April 2024, 19:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@dritter can you specify which put api projection you want to call?

Badge +4

Hi @kvbe,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m looking at the Update ClobData stream attribute in the FndTempLobs end point of the ScheduleOfWorkProductionHandling API (…/ScheduleOfWorkProductionHandling.svc/FndTempLobs(LobId=’{LobId}’)/ClobData). This endpoint also has a PATCH method, but it doesn’t work for updating the ClobData attribute; I tried using the PATCH method in Postman and get an Invalid value for property ‘ClobData’ error. In Postman, updating the ClobData on the record through a PUT call does work, and everything continues as normal.

However, when using the Update action in the workflow, I get an error. I’m not sure if it’s because there is a PATCH method available at this endpoint and it is trying to use that over the PUT. I’m not even sure if using a PUT update is possible through workflows, as I’ve never done one since PATCH updates are much more prevalent throughout the IFS APIs.

Note: The error comes in a later step, but I am confident it is due to the PUT/PATCH updates, as I’ve recreated it in Postman. If I can somehow do a PUT update in the workflow, my problem should be solved.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

In this call API is dealing with clobs, unfortunately as of now workflow does not support clob data type as an input in the API task 

Blob, Clob, GIS, and File datatypes are not supported currently

Known Limitations - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Badge +4

Hi @kamnlk, thanks for your reply. That is a bummer, but good to know. Hopefully that limitation can be overcome soon!