Solved

Where the attachment files are stored?

Hi,

Can you guys tell me, where the attached files are physically stored in the IFS. I want access the attached file location.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Srikanth 7 May 2020, 11:18

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi,

Since I am aware of your IFS environment as I work with Rathesh’s team, your Documents are stored inside the Database, please check EDM_FILE_STORAGE_TAB.

select * from ifsapp.edm_file_storage_tab;

The column FILE_DATA has the actual file attachment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Since I am aware of your IFS environment as I work with Rathesh’s team, your Documents are stored inside the Database, please check EDM_FILE_STORAGE_TAB.

select * from ifsapp.edm_file_storage_tab;

The column FILE_DATA has the actual file attachment.

That is correct. If the documents are stored in an FTP server or on file shares, of course they need to be access differently. The information on where the documents are can be found in the edm_file_tab table, together with the edm_location_tab table.

Good luck!

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Mathias Dahl 

I have a small question regarding this.
Yes we can get the FTP/Shared location path using edm_file_tab and edm_location_tab but is there a projection action/function that we can use to actually get the file as a base64 encoded text from this path.

Thanks,
Dananjaya Misso

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

No. You can only get the raw bytes. We have that in many projections.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi  @Mathias Dahl 

can you maybe name a few that we can use.

So far I found this →

/projection/v1/CreateAndImportDocument.svc/EdmFileSet(DocClass='QM_PRD_QD',DocNo='1009030',DocSheet='1',DocRev='A1',DocType='ORIGINAL',FileNo=1)/FileData

but for some reason I am getting the below error →

Thank you.
/Dananjaya Misso

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

What's your interpretation of the error message there?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Mathias Dahl,

I believe the reason was the user that I invoke the rest endpoint does not belong to a person group of the connected access template

Thanks,
Dananjaya Misso.​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

That could indeed be the case, thanks for reporting back!

What I was aiming for is that the message clearly says (in my view) that the user who try to download the document does not have View access. Why that is the case we cannot see without looking at the document you try to download. Only there will you see the real access for a certain user.

Was it the same user that created the document that tried to download it? If yes, then I would say there might be a bug in there.

As for what projections that can download a document, I suggest using the projection behind the document attachment section (DocumentHome in Apps 10 and DocReferenceObjectAttachmentHandling in IFS Cloud).

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!