Question

What is the table or view name that populate data for the Inventory Part Availability Planning - Tab ALL ?

• 15 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Greetings, IFS community.

Can you please provide the name of the table or view that populates the Inventory Part Availability Planning - Tab ALL with the data?

The IFS Cloud.

What is the name of the view or table that contains the data under the ALL tab? On the screenshot, you can see the table in the green rectangle.

I feel that it is temp table. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

Yes, it generates a snapshot and load data into a tmp table and show it from there

View connected to All tab is DETAIL_PLANNING, but you need to generate a snapshot to load data from this view.

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

my instant thought would have been a temp table (in earlier versions using the EE client certain tabs were def temp tables), but the debugger console would suggest that the all tab is driven from the DETAIL_PLANNING view as shown below:

though querying the view in SQL returns no results - and I see that the snapshot !=null in the debugger which would support Damith’s comments above.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@dsj 

@WyrDavidB 

Hello @dsj  

Thank you for your assistance and prompt response.

Is there any way you could direct me on how to build that logic or create the snapshot?

How do I find all the Customer Orders, Purchase Orders, and Customer Sched Forecasts that relate to the Part_No, Project_Id, and Configuration to see the supply, demand, reserve, and pegged values associated with the Part_No, Project_Id, and Configuration?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@dsj

@WyrDavidB

Hello @dsj  

Thank you for your assistance and prompt response.

Is there any way you could direct me on how to build that logic or create the snapshot?

How do I find all the Customer Orders, Purchase Orders, and Customer Sched Forecasts that relate to the Part_No, Project_Id, and Configuration to see the supply, demand, reserve, and pegged values associated with the Part_No, Project_Id, and Configuration?

Thank you.

Hi JL,

How are you thinking of output the data?

/Damith

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Caveat: I run APPS9 so this may work different on other versions...

You can see the supply/demand from the ORDER_SUPPLY_DEMAND view.

If, as I suspect, you are trying to see the inventory based on supply and demand over time then you are in trouble as the ORDER_SUPP_DEM_EXT_TMP_VIEW that the  ALL tab uses is created in the user session on the fly for each part code. 

We wanted a report that would show the ‘ebb and flow’ of inventory levels over time taking the current stock and the supply/demand of shop orders, customer orders, purchase orders etc. i.e. the ALL Tab!

Our solution was to write a Quick Report that pulled to data into weekly buckets and then PIVOT’d the data. 

e.g.

It takes a few nested sub queries to get there but the performance of the query is not too bad.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@dsj 

Hello @dsj 

I am creating a Lobby in other words using lobby data sources. 

Thanks