Solved

What is the purpose of this database task?

• 9 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

What is the purpose of this database task and how can I call it properly? FND_EVENT_ACTION_API.ACTION_EXECUTEONLINESQL

I tried using this and it keeps giving me an error saying SQL is not a valid reference. Is there documentation regarding the formatting of it’s parameters?

I also would like to know what the purpose of this other database task is FND_WORKFLOW_CONNECTION_API.START_WORKFLOW and how I can properly call it.

I also get an error when I try to invoke this database task.

There is no documentation that I could find on the API Explorer or the IFS Cloud technical documentation.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by Tomas Ruderfelt 10 May 2023, 07:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

That method is used internally in IFS to execute event actions of type “Execute online SQL”.

By default when you install IFS there is no database task entered for that method, so there is no documentation for it.

It is possible to enter own database tasks for existing methods in the database. I guess that is what has happened here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Tomas Ruderfelt,

So is it not possible to utilize these database tasks? I’d really love to use the Start_workflow task, as there is no way to get a workflow to run on a schedule, like daily, without piggy backing off of another database task and hoping it always runs.
Thanks,
Bryan