Question

What are the differences between the build home before and after changing the service provider?

• 1 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Employee)
  • 32 replies

Hi team,

As you know, we can select a service provider from 23R2. When changing the service provider from “Azure” to “Private Cloud or on premise”, we need to recreate the build home for delivery to Use Place.

I have three questions as below.

Q1, What are the differences between the build home before and after changing the service provider, and how can we confirm them?

Q2, Can we use the Private Cloud or on premises build home to delivery to Oracle Cloud’s Use place? Do we need to change the service provider to Oracle Cloud and recreate the build home again? As you're aware, we can’t recreate build home again until we made some modifications and to do a sanity Build again. 

Q3, Is there a difference between the Artifacts before and after changing the service provider?

Thanks&Best regards,

Feng

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I think all this might be technicalities on how BuildPlace changes configuration… 

The Build_home do not have a dependecy to where the build_home is deployed.

But if Buildplace changes their build_home that is the one you should use to install. The Build_home in BuildPlace is always the master. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@KusalCW  would you be able to assist on that matter or direct us to someone who could?

Thank you in advance.
Grzegorz 

Badge +2

Hi Grzegorz,
This should be addressed by IFS RnD ALE team. I have informed the team and they will respond accordingly. 
Regards,
Kusal

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Fantastic @KusalCW , much appreciated.