Question

Voucher tab on Manual Customer Invoice freezes

Badge +2

Hello,

We’re using IFS 9.  We’re able to enter a Manual Customer Invoice with no problems.  However, after the invoice is saved, clicking on the Voucher tab always causes the IFS application to freeze up:

It does eventually unfreeze and display the vouchers, but it takes around 5 to 6 minutes.

The debug console shows the time is being taken by one query running two times:

The query is:

select OBJID, OBJVERSION, INVOICE_ID, OPTIONAL_CODE, QUANTITY, AMOUNT, ACC_CURR_AMOUNT, THIRD_AMOUNT, TEXT, COMPANY, IDENTITY, PARTY_TYPE, VOUCHER_COMPANY, CODE_A, Decode(Code_A,NULL,NULL,IFSAPP.Text_Field_Translation_API.Get_Text(voucher_company, 'CODEA', Code_A)), Decode(Code_A,NULL,'SSSSSSSSSS',IFSAPP.Invoice_Library_API.Get_Editable_Codeparts(voucher_company, 'CODEA')), CODE_B, Decode(Code_B,NULL,NULL,IFSAPP.Text_Field_Translation_API.Get_Text(voucher_company, 'CODEB', Code_B)), CODE_C, CODE_D, Decode(Code_D,NULL,NULL,IFSAPP.Text_Field_Translation_API.Get_Text(voucher_company, 'CODED', Code_D)), CODE_E, Decode(Code_E,NULL,NULL,IFSAPP.Text_Field_Translation_API.Get_Text(voucher_company, 'CODEE', Code_E)), CODE_F, Decode(Code_F,NULL,NULL,IFSAPP.Text_Field_Translation_API.Get_Text(voucher_company, 'CODEF', Code_F)), CODE_G, CODE_H, CODE_I, Decode(Code_I,NULL,NULL,IFSAPP.Text_Field_Translation_API.Get_Text(voucher_company, 'CODEI', Code_I)), CODE_J, PROJECT_ID, PROJECT_ACTIVITY_ID, POSTING_TYPE, PARTY_TYPE_DB from IFSAPP.MAN_CUST_INVOICE_VOUCHERS2 where INVOICE_ID = 2922381 and COMPANY = '30' and IDENTITY = '502070' and PARTY_TYPE = 'Customer' and VOUCHER_TYPE='F' AND VOUCHER_NO=2022212012 ;

I can run this query in Oracle and it finishes in 0.01 seconds, so I’m not sure why the IFS application would take such a long time to run it.  We have not seen similar problems on other IFS screens; it’s just the Voucher tab on Manual Customer Invoice that freezes up.

Has anyone seen this before?  Anything we can do to fix this?

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, did you got any solution for this issue?

Badge +2

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, did you got any solution for this issue?

Unfortunately no.  The voucher tab still freezes the application and we have no idea why.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi - You may want to raise a case with support to investigate. https://support.ifs.com/csm