Solved

User login problem

• 8 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

The user is facing following issue:

There is currently a problem connecting to 'http://kiito.xxxx.xx:xxxx'. User ext_xxxx is not allowed access.
Most likely causes:

* User not set as Active.
 * User is not granted connect privileges.

I have checked the user in active in create user and also not locked. The database user is also connected. 

Can you please help?

icon

Best answer by TiePriteK 8 January 2020, 10:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Is this user has the FND_ENDUSER permissions set granted?  What is the mode of authentication in this environment? (i.e. Database, Active Directory, Single Sign On,). And what is the application version you are using?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Question ) Is this user previously access the application without any issues ?

This kind of situation can occur when a user did not log off from the IFS Applications properly. In such situations there can  be sessions without getting cleared. In order to manually clear the above session information, please log in the database directly and inspect the table ‘FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB’ to find any record existing regarding the particular user. 

please check the number of OS users logged in to IFS Applications by executing the following query:

select * from fnd_client_logon where directory_id = <directory_id>
"directory_id" referred to here is the user name of the user trying to login. 

If you find such a record please directly delete it from the database table and check whether it solves the issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Is this user has the FND_ENDUSER permissions set granted?  What is the mode of authentication in this environment? (i.e. Database, Active Directory, Single Sign On,). And what is the application version you are using?

The user was missing AD group. But know it works

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you guys. The issue is solved. The user was missing AD group. But know it works

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

This issue occurred again on a different virtual host . This time the authentication method is database and not AD. FND_ENDUESR role is provided via a grantee tole FND_ADMIN.But still we are getting Most “likely causes: * User not set as Active. * User is not granted connect privileges. Contact your system administrator if this condition persists”. Could you please assists us on this 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

How do I add the missing AD group?