Solved

URGENT - PRINTING IS DOWN

• 2 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

Currently we are facing an issue where out printing is down in IFS Cloud. The strange thing is that this only happens for some printers, which we have verified they are mapped correctly and even remapped them to be sure. 

The error we are getting is “object reference not set to an instance of an object”. We’ve never encountered this error before in the 8 months that we’ve been using IFS cloud. This issue causes items in the print manager to fail, and when restarted, it seems there is a 50% chance this will complete the print manager job and actually print out.

Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by ashen_malaka_ranasinghe 4 October 2023, 06:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @bdoucette,

The following error is a generic one and needs to be investigated more to find the exact cause for this issue.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Can you provide us with the Print Agent logs to get more information on this issue?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @ashen_malaka_ranasinghe 

Thank you for the response, please see the logs below. I went through the print agent logs and didnt see anything too weird. 

I’ve been restarting the jobs that errored out so you might see something in the logs about that. It’s a manual process.

This issue only happens when physically printing to printers, never when just previewing with no_printout.

Thanks again for looking into this,
Bryan

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @bdoucette,

I have checked the provided Print Agent log file and as you mentioned there is nothing related to this issue in this log file.

If this issue is happening when physically printing to printers check whether that the logical printer mapping configuration is correct or not.