Solved

Trying to send a quick report via Application Server Task

• 13 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello Community,

I have been reading several other topics about the same question I have. 

I was able to create the Application Server Task (Screenshot 1) and schedule the Database Task (Screenshot 2),

When the database task runs the background job the result is positive => Status =(Ready)(Screenshot 3).

However, the status for the Application Server Task is (Waiting) Screenshot4- and I do not receive the email.

I was wondering if anybody from the community could direct me to the right path to fix the issue.

My goal is send the quick report via email. Could you please insert screenshots with your answer? 

We are currently using IFS 9.

Screenshot 1-

Screenshot 2-

Screenshot 3-

Screenshot 4-

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 15 November 2021, 09:27

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello,

It seems that you posted your question in the  wrong group. The screenshots does not look like Alliance screens. Sorry about that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Mark Segal Thanks Mark, do you know how could I change the group ? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

You can try to search on the main page https://community.ifs.com/ to find similar posts

or try to find the correct group on https://community.ifs.com/groups. And, I think, you have to post it again. Not sure if you can just change the group for the post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Probably @KristenGastaldo can help move the topic from the group to the following product area. 

https://community.ifs.com/framework-experience-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA,

The way you have specified Application Server Task and the Task Schedule appears to be correct. Since you have specified a recurring schedule(daily at 7 AM), waiting state is also correct for the Application Server Task.

Please search for “Explore Application Messages” in the navigator and expand the “OUT1” queue and see if there are application messages for your quick reports are there. Relevant application messages would have the subject “Excel Report Ready”. Ideally, they should be in Finished state if the quick report was successfully delivered. You can go inside the application message and see if there are any errors.

Most probably the issue could be emails are not working properly in your environment, considering that the background job also ends in Ready state. To check whether emails are working...

• Go to “Routing Addresses” window.
  • Find “Example: Mail To Someone” and go inside.
  • Give your correct email address and save(remove if there are any transformers).
  • RMB and select “Test”.

If emails are not working, you can check the mail sender configuration from “Setup IFS Connect” window.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA,
I have moved this to an appropriate forum.
Best Regards,
Yasas 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

The application server task and that application message to stay in waiting is correct because you chose schedule as daily - it won’t finish and expect to run everyday. So in waiting state. 

There must be another application message created to send the email. It must be finished to get you the expected email. See if it has failed for some reason? Most probably it must be there in notifications or out queue. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA,

The way you have specified Application Server Task and the Task Schedule appears to be correct. Since you have specified a recurring schedule(daily at 7 AM), waiting state is also correct for the Application Server Task.

Please search for “Explore Application Messages” in the navigator and expand the “OUT1” queue and see if there are application messages for your quick reports are there. Relevant application messages would have the subject “Excel Report Ready”. Ideally, they should be in Finished state if the quick report was successfully delivered. You can go inside the application message and see if there are any errors.

Most probably the issue could be emails are not working properly in your environment, considering that the background job also ends in Ready state. To check whether emails are working...

• Go to “Routing Addresses” window.
  • Find “Example: Mail To Someone” and go inside.
  • Give your correct email address and save(remove if there are any transformers).
  • RMB and select “Test”.

If emails are not working, you can check the mail sender configuration from “Setup IFS Connect” window.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your email.

You are right the Mail_Sender was incorrect. It was sending all the emails to Junk without any attachment.