Skip to main content

I tried a function ‘Amounts to words’ in report designer and I used like below

‘vldtmath:amountToWords(tns:NET_CURR_AMOUNT,'ar',tns:CURRENCY)’.

When I used for german language code or other language codes its translating and showing in mentioned languages but when I tried in Arabic or Korean languages its is not translating in the report.

if currency is 1000 means output for ar/ko : One thousands.

Please suggest any solution or give me reason why its not coming in report.

Hi, I found this function is not yet translated for these languages. Following is the list of supported languages.

cf=fr_CA
cs=cs_CZ
da=da_DA
de=de_DE
en=en_US,en_GB,en_CA,ms_MY,en_IN,en_LK,en_BD,en_KW,en_EU,en_AE,en_AR,en_AU,en_BG,en_BH,en_BN,en_BR,en_CH,en_CL,en_CN,en_DK,en_DZ,en_EG,en_GE,en_HK,en_HR,en_ID,en_IQ,en_IR,en_JO,en_JP,en_KE,en_KR,en_MZ,en_NO,en_NZ,en_OM,en_PA,en_PH,en_PK,en_QA,en_RO,en_RU,en_RB,en_SA,en_SD,en_SE,en_SG,en_TH,en_TR,en_TW,en_TZ,en_UA,en_YE,en_ZA,en_PL,en_LV,en_LT,en_BJ,en_CI,en_ML,en_NE,en_TG,en_SN
es=es_ES
fr=fr_FR,fr_US,fr_MA,fr_DZ,fr_NO
hu=hu_HU
pl=pl_PL
pt=pt_PT
ro=ro_RO
ru=ru_RU,ru_RB
sk=sk_SK
sv=se_SE
uk=uk-UA
bp=pt_BR
vi=vi_VN
tr=tr_TR

Hi,

This means the spellout rules which generates the amount in to words for your currency-language combination is not available. This is why you get it in English.

A 3rd party tool is used to convert the amounts in to words and all currency-language combinations are not available.

If you want the missing conversation as a standard fix then you will have to contact support to get a patch. You would also have to provide the correct spellout rules to convert the amounts in to words.

are we able add ar in the mentioned list or IFS only can able to add Arabic language?

are we able add ar in the mentioned list or IFS only can able to add Arabic language?

The translations and currency-language mapping information are in a jar file. You can add it if you want to but it will not be a standard fix. Also, just because you enable your language doesn’t mean the 3rd party tool will have your currency-language amount to word conversions. If they are not available then you will have to add them too.

Hi, I found this function is not yet translated for these languages. Following is the list of supported languages.

cf=fr_CA
cs=cs_CZ
da=da_DA
de=de_DE
en=en_US,en_GB,en_CA,ms_MY,en_IN,en_LK,en_BD,en_KW,en_EU,en_AE,en_AR,en_AU,en_BG,en_BH,en_BN,en_BR,en_CH,en_CL,en_CN,en_DK,en_DZ,en_EG,en_GE,en_HK,en_HR,en_ID,en_IQ,en_IR,en_JO,en_JP,en_KE,en_KR,en_MZ,en_NO,en_NZ,en_OM,en_PA,en_PH,en_PK,en_QA,en_RO,en_RU,en_RB,en_SA,en_SD,en_SE,en_SG,en_TH,en_TR,en_TW,en_TZ,en_UA,en_YE,en_ZA,en_PL,en_LV,en_LT,en_BJ,en_CI,en_ML,en_NE,en_TG,en_SN
es=es_ES
hu=hu_HU
pl=pl_PL
pt=pt_PT
ro=ro_RO
ru=ru_RU,ru_RB
sk=sk_SK
sv=se_SE
uk=uk-UA
bp=pt_BR
vi=vi_VN
tr=tr_TR

if mentioned list is available then  ‘en_AR’  is also there in list...

How does it(‘en_AR’ ) work?

cf=fr_CA
cs=cs_CZ
da=da_DA
de=de_DE
es=es_ES
hu=hu_HU
pl=pl_PL
pt=pt_PT
ro=ro_RO
ru=ru_RU,ru_RB
sk=sk_SK
sv=se_SE
uk=uk-UA
bp=pt_BR
vi=vi_VN
tr=tr_TR

The above is the language to ISO locale mapping and this is found in the ifs-iso-languagemap.properties file. For the en_AR locale an entry is there in the spelloutrules.xml as below. This is the spellout rule I was talking about.

<rule id="en_AR" desc="US English">
      <native_currency>ARS</native_currency>
      <main_unit>Argentine Peso</main_unit>
      <sub_unit>Centavo</sub_unit>
      <singular_main_unit>Argentine Peso</singular_main_unit>
      <singular_sub_unit>Centavo</singular_sub_unit>
      <zero_main_unit>Argentine Peso</zero_main_unit>
      <currencyrule_class>CurrencyRuleMultiplicity.class</currencyrule_class>
      <description refId="en_US" />
   </rule> 

So basically is you pass language as ‘en’ and currency as ‘ARS’ it will convert and show the amount in Argentinean currency in English.

If you take en_QA, this is Qatari Rial. So if the language is ‘en’ and the currency is QAR it will show the amount in Qatari  currency in English.

<rule id="en_QA" desc="US English">

<native_currency>QAR</native_currency>
      <main_unit>Qatari Rial</main_unit>
      <sub_unit>Dirham</sub_unit>
      <singular_main_unit>Qatari Rial</singular_main_unit>
      <singular_sub_unit>Dirham</singular_sub_unit>
      <zero_main_unit>Qatari Rial</zero_main_unit>
   </rule>

So if you want Arabic, then first you need to add a mapping in the ifs-iso-languagemap.properties and then add a spellout rule in the spelloutrules.xml. The files are inside the ifs-fnd-internationalization.jar jar.

cf=fr_CA
cs=cs_CZ
da=da_DA
de=de_DE
es=es_ES
hu=hu_HU
pl=pl_PL
pt=pt_PT
ro=ro_RO
ru=ru_RU,ru_RB
sk=sk_SK
sv=se_SE
uk=uk-UA
bp=pt_BR
vi=vi_VN
tr=tr_TR

The above is the language to ISO locale mapping and this is found in the ifs-iso-languagemap.properties file. For the en_AR locale an entry is there in the spelloutrules.xml as below. This is the spellout rule I was talking about.

<rule id="en_AR" desc="US English">
      <native_currency>ARS</native_currency>
      <main_unit>Argentine Peso</main_unit>
      <sub_unit>Centavo</sub_unit>
      <singular_main_unit>Argentine Peso</singular_main_unit>
      <singular_sub_unit>Centavo</singular_sub_unit>
      <zero_main_unit>Argentine Peso</zero_main_unit>
   </rule> 

So basically is you pass language as ‘en’ and currency as ‘ARS’ it will convert and show the amount in Argentinean currency in English.

If you take en_QA, this is Qatari Rial. So if the language is ‘en’ and the currency is QAR it will show the amount in Qatari  currency in English.

<rule id="en_QA" desc="US English">

<native_currency>QAR</native_currency>
      <main_unit>Qatari Rial</main_unit>
      <sub_unit>Dirham</sub_unit>
      <singular_main_unit>Qatari Rial</singular_main_unit>
      <singular_sub_unit>Dirham</singular_sub_unit>
      <zero_main_unit>Qatari Rial</zero_main_unit>
   </rule>

So if you want Arabic, then first you need to add a mapping in the ifs-iso-languagemap.properties and then add a spellout rule in the spelloutrules.xml. The files are inside the ifs-fnd-internationalization.jar jar.

Okay I understood the concept and thank you very much :)