Solved

Translation issue in operational Report

• 2 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

I tried a function ‘Amounts to words’ in report designer and I used like below

‘vldtmath:amountToWords(tns:NET_CURR_AMOUNT,'ar',tns:CURRENCY)’.

When I used for german language code or other language codes its translating and showing in mentioned languages but when I tried in Arabic or Korean languages its is not translating in the report.

if currency is 1000 means output for ar/ko : One thousands.

Please suggest any solution or give me reason why its not coming in report.

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 2 March 2020, 11:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi, I found this function is not yet translated for these languages. Following is the list of supported languages.

cf=fr_CA
cs=cs_CZ
da=da_DA
de=de_DE
en=en_US,en_GB,en_CA,ms_MY,en_IN,en_LK,en_BD,en_KW,en_EU,en_AE,en_AR,en_AU,en_BG,en_BH,en_BN,en_BR,en_CH,en_CL,en_CN,en_DK,en_DZ,en_EG,en_GE,en_HK,en_HR,en_ID,en_IQ,en_IR,en_JO,en_JP,en_KE,en_KR,en_MZ,en_NO,en_NZ,en_OM,en_PA,en_PH,en_PK,en_QA,en_RO,en_RU,en_RB,en_SA,en_SD,en_SE,en_SG,en_TH,en_TR,en_TW,en_TZ,en_UA,en_YE,en_ZA,en_PL,en_LV,en_LT,en_BJ,en_CI,en_ML,en_NE,en_TG,en_SN
es=es_ES
fr=fr_FR,fr_US,fr_MA,fr_DZ,fr_NO
hu=hu_HU
pl=pl_PL
pt=pt_PT
ro=ro_RO
ru=ru_RU,ru_RB
sk=sk_SK
sv=se_SE
uk=uk-UA
bp=pt_BR
vi=vi_VN
tr=tr_TR

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

This means the spellout rules which generates the amount in to words for your currency-language combination is not available. This is why you get it in English.

A 3rd party tool is used to convert the amounts in to words and all currency-language combinations are not available.

If you want the missing conversation as a standard fix then you will have to contact support to get a patch. You would also have to provide the correct spellout rules to convert the amounts in to words.

Badge +5

are we able add ar in the mentioned list or IFS only can able to add Arabic language?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

are we able add ar in the mentioned list or IFS only can able to add Arabic language?

The translations and currency-language mapping information are in a jar file. You can add it if you want to but it will not be a standard fix. Also, just because you enable your language doesn’t mean the 3rd party tool will have your currency-language amount to word conversions. If they are not available then you will have to add them too.

Badge +5

Hi, I found this function is not yet translated for these languages. Following is the list of supported languages.

cf=fr_CA
cs=cs_CZ
da=da_DA
de=de_DE
en=en_US,en_GB,en_CA,ms_MY,en_IN,en_LK,en_BD,en_KW,en_EU,en_AE,en_AR,en_AU,en_BG,en_BH,en_BN,en_BR,en_CH,en_CL,en_CN,en_DK,en_DZ,en_EG,en_GE,en_HK,en_HR,en_ID,en_IQ,en_IR,en_JO,en_JP,en_KE,en_KR,en_MZ,en_NO,en_NZ,en_OM,en_PA,en_PH,en_PK,en_QA,en_RO,en_RU,en_RB,en_SA,en_SD,en_SE,en_SG,en_TH,en_TR,en_TW,en_TZ,en_UA,en_YE,en_ZA,en_PL,en_LV,en_LT,en_BJ,en_CI,en_ML,en_NE,en_TG,en_SN
es=es_ES
hu=hu_HU
pl=pl_PL
pt=pt_PT
ro=ro_RO
ru=ru_RU,ru_RB
sk=sk_SK
sv=se_SE
uk=uk-UA
bp=pt_BR
vi=vi_VN
tr=tr_TR

if mentioned list is available then  ‘en_AR’  is also there in list...

How does it(‘en_AR’ ) work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

cf=fr_CA
cs=cs_CZ
da=da_DA
de=de_DE
es=es_ES
hu=hu_HU
pl=pl_PL
pt=pt_PT
ro=ro_RO
ru=ru_RU,ru_RB
sk=sk_SK
sv=se_SE
uk=uk-UA
bp=pt_BR
vi=vi_VN
tr=tr_TR

The above is the language to ISO locale mapping and this is found in the ifs-iso-languagemap.properties file. For the en_AR locale an entry is there in the spelloutrules.xml as below. This is the spellout rule I was talking about.

<rule id="en_AR" desc="US English">
      <native_currency>ARS</native_currency>
      <main_unit>Argentine Peso</main_unit>
      <sub_unit>Centavo</sub_unit>
      <singular_main_unit>Argentine Peso</singular_main_unit>
      <singular_sub_unit>Centavo</singular_sub_unit>
      <zero_main_unit>Argentine Peso</zero_main_unit>
      <currencyrule_class>CurrencyRuleMultiplicity.class</currencyrule_class>
      <description refId="en_US" />
   </rule> 

So basically is you pass language as ‘en’ and currency as ‘ARS’ it will convert and show the amount in Argentinean currency in English.

If you take en_QA, this is Qatari Rial. So if the language is ‘en’ and the currency is QAR it will show the amount in Qatari  currency in English.

<rule id="en_QA" desc="US English">

<native_currency>QAR</native_currency>
      <main_unit>Qatari Rial</main_unit>
      <sub_unit>Dirham</sub_unit>
      <singular_main_unit>Qatari Rial</singular_main_unit>
      <singular_sub_unit>Dirham</singular_sub_unit>
      <zero_main_unit>Qatari Rial</zero_main_unit>
   </rule>

So if you want Arabic, then first you need to add a mapping in the ifs-iso-languagemap.properties and then add a spellout rule in the spelloutrules.xml. The files are inside the ifs-fnd-internationalization.jar jar.

Badge +5

cf=fr_CA
cs=cs_CZ
da=da_DA
de=de_DE
es=es_ES
hu=hu_HU
pl=pl_PL
pt=pt_PT
ro=ro_RO
ru=ru_RU,ru_RB
sk=sk_SK
sv=se_SE
uk=uk-UA
bp=pt_BR
vi=vi_VN
tr=tr_TR

The above is the language to ISO locale mapping and this is found in the ifs-iso-languagemap.properties file. For the en_AR locale an entry is there in the spelloutrules.xml as below. This is the spellout rule I was talking about.

<rule id="en_AR" desc="US English">
      <native_currency>ARS</native_currency>
      <main_unit>Argentine Peso</main_unit>
      <sub_unit>Centavo</sub_unit>
      <singular_main_unit>Argentine Peso</singular_main_unit>
      <singular_sub_unit>Centavo</singular_sub_unit>
      <zero_main_unit>Argentine Peso</zero_main_unit>
   </rule> 

So basically is you pass language as ‘en’ and currency as ‘ARS’ it will convert and show the amount in Argentinean currency in English.

If you take en_QA, this is Qatari Rial. So if the language is ‘en’ and the currency is QAR it will show the amount in Qatari  currency in English.

<rule id="en_QA" desc="US English">

<native_currency>QAR</native_currency>
      <main_unit>Qatari Rial</main_unit>
      <sub_unit>Dirham</sub_unit>
      <singular_main_unit>Qatari Rial</singular_main_unit>
      <singular_sub_unit>Dirham</singular_sub_unit>
      <zero_main_unit>Qatari Rial</zero_main_unit>
   </rule>

So if you want Arabic, then first you need to add a mapping in the ifs-iso-languagemap.properties and then add a spellout rule in the spelloutrules.xml. The files are inside the ifs-fnd-internationalization.jar jar.

Okay I understood the concept and thank you very much :)