Solved

test application

• 14 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 107 replies

i am trying to install the test server from the original build, installation is done properly but when i am trying to log in using app owner i am getting Operation time out error. What will be the issue. We are using apps 9.

icon

Best answer by Sajith D 14 February 2021, 23:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @m.arif ,

One of the first things that you would need to look at is to see whether the machine and the address is setup properly in your MWS configuration. Make sure that the machine and address has the hostname of the VM used in the installation. Machine name comes up pre-populated by default but the Address usually comes up empty. 

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks Sajith , it really worked for me. One more thing is i installed this test envitonment from scratch (build) provided by IFS  in the begining. Do i need to install all the delivery patches that came after one by one. How do i install crystal web service as i want the reports to installed too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @m.arif,

If you are using the original build provided by IFS then you would need to apply all the deliveries up to now to get the app server instance up-to-date. This can be a arduous task specially when you have lot of deliveries in between then and now.

Have you reached out to support to request a copy of the up-to-date build? Having this will allow you to do a new installation and be done with it as the app server code base would be up to date in the build. 

alternatively you can use a clone from production/test which have the latest patches installed to restore and setup a brand new instance. 

Setting up the Crystal web service is fairly straight forward and you can find the instructions on how to do this in the F1 technical documentation in the path below

cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks a lot Sajith, 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Sajith,

i tried installing the first delivery after installing the build from scratch, i got this error.

Error in Ant-script: server\install_fndmws.xml
Reported error is: The following error occurred while executing this line:
E:\IFS\ASTN\repository\server\install_fndmws.xml:1288: The following error occurred while executing this line:
E:\IFS\ASTN\repository\server\install_fndmws.xml:1322: Failed to deploy applications to IFS Middleware server. Error is: (Problem invoking WLST - Traceback (innermost last):
File "E:\IFS\ASTN\tmp\_wls_config\asInstallerScripts\deploy_applications.py", line 112, in ?
File "E:\IFS\ASTN\tmp\_wls_config\asInstallerScripts\deploy_applications.py", line 90, in deployApplications
File "<iostream>", line 302, in startApplication
at weblogic.management.scripting.core.ExceptionCoreHandler.handleException(ExceptionCoreHandler.java:58)

at weblogic.management.scripting.WLSTUtils.throwWLSTException(WLSTUtils.java:323)

at weblogic.management.scripting.JSR88DeployHandler.startApplication(JSR88DeployHandler.java:765)

at weblogic.management.scripting.WLScriptContext.startApplication(WLScriptContext.java:868)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

weblogic.management.scripting.ScriptException: weblogic.management.scripting.ScriptException: Error occurred while performing startApplication : Failed to start the application with status failed
)

2021-03-02 21:20:34 Finalize process Documentation
2021-03-02 21:20:34 Running ant script E:\IFS\ASTN\repository\ifsdoc\install.xml, target finalize for component ifsdoc
[exec]: Result: 2

2021-03-02 21:20:34 Finalize process Installer 6.0.0
2021-03-02 21:20:34 Running ant script E:\IFS\ASTN\repository\installer\install.xml, target welcome-url for component installer
--------------------------------------------------
Installation has partly failed, check the logfile.
Logfile for Installation is:
E:\IFS\ASTN\installer.log
Logfile for Instance ASTN is:
E:\IFS\ASTN\instance\ASTN\ASTN_configuration.log