Skip to main content

Good day fellow forum members.

We have been experiencing latency issues with our reverse proxy setup since we installed it in 2020, (using NGINX  and Apps 10). On the debugger our average ping response is around 240 ms. In the environments not on reverse proxy it is around 25ms.

If anyone has a similar installation, what is your experience of response times? and if possible can you provide a dump of the NGINX config? (obviously deleting IPs)?

From the Network layer the response times are 2-3 ms. between DB MWS and Proxy. All are hosted in the same DC and through the years our technical team swapped environments on and off the reverse proxy and it keeps on coming back as the most likely bottleneck.

Regards

@Wynand I assume you’ve done this at least once already, but can you review your setup against what’s documented here please?

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/010_overview/210_security/090_exposing_to_internet/

In particular, this covers some reverse proxy setup essentials, some example configurations and a sample nginx config.

In addition, do the nginx logs reveal any warnings or errors at all? 

Best regards,

Rukmal

Thanks Rukmal. We obviously started there.

As mentioned in the link in my original question, it takes quite a bit more config (which RnD supplied in 2020) than the basics indicated in the technical documentation.

They recommended timeouts of 1800s as our migration jobs were failing due to timeouts.

The only indication we can get from the NGINX logs are that the response to the MWS is around 200ms, correlating with the debugger’s ping responses

@Wynand thanks for confirming. While I thought you had seen it already, I wanted to make sure. Hopefully other customers have some experiences to share here!

Best regards,

Rukmal