Question

Standard solution to download ECB rates

• 27 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Dear IFS Community, 

Currently we have an inhouse developed solution for download from ECB webpage and upload to our IFS the daily European Central Bank currency rates. 

We are looking for an other more robust and fail proof solution for that. I asked IFS but they directed me to here. 

Do you know if IFS has any standard embedded solution? 

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Kind regards, 

Balazs

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @bapehu 

@dsj developed a tool to automatically update rates from ECB. You can review the post he shared below.

API for updating currency rates in IFS | IFS Community

Hope this helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello @bapehu 

@dsj developed a tool to automatically update rates from ECB. You can review the post he shared below.

API for updating currency rates in IFS | IFS Community

Hope this helps

Hi @gumabs

Thanks for adding my post. That integration is done as a side project and I’m currently not maintaining it 😬, but you can get an idea of the solution from the github repo :)

@bapehu 

Regarding Import currency rate options in IFS with ECB:

ECB provides currency rates in XML or CSV format

If you are happy with some manual work, you can create an External file template using file type ExtCurrency to suit the ECB CSV format and manually import rates by downloading the csv from the bank.

For a fully automated currency update solution, I have redesigned the above currency update solution as a IFS configuration package which can be deployed as-is and use right away. It uses IFS Connect and standard IFS configurations (Custom events, Scheduled tasks, custom fields) to fetch and update currency rates from ECB daily basis (or any other preferred schedule). We have added this solution to several IFS customers in Apps 9 and Apps10 and it’s working smoothly :)

Attached document will guide you through the solution setup.

If you are interested, please drop a mail to me (damith@alignconsulting.se) so I can give more details.

Best Regards,

Damith