Question

SSRS as a Lobby Element

• 29 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

In Apps8 - there was an option to display SSRS reports in the Analysis pane at the bottom of the screen.  In Apps10 - the Analysis pane is now the Lobby pane.  Does anyone know if there is a way to use an SSRS report as a Lobby element there? 

For our purchasing - we get PO status / update information from suppliers in a SQL server.  Currently users get that data through an SSRS report in another window.  Ideally, I’d like to display the report data in the lobby pane so it’s automatically all there for the current PO.

I’m trying to not have to create new tables / LUs in Oracle and then replicate the data from SQL to Oracle.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You can create a lobby element with a link to the existing SSRS report. However I don’t think there is a type of lobby element that will directly show you the result from an SSRS report. To create a lobby element you have to create a data source first. Currently we support following data source types (APP10). 

Both SQL and QueryBuilder will not support SQL Server. But it seems like CUBE supports MS SQL Server Analysis Services - Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) is the Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) server supported by Lobby. If it is possible to get your data through this service, I think it will work for the lobby. Please refer to following technical documentation sections. 

.../040_administration/220_user_interface/280_lobby/030_datasource_designer/default.htm

.../010_overview/255_br_and_a/030_Services/050_Analysis_Data_Sources_For_Lobby/default.htm

You would need to connect the corresponding SQL server service through a reconfiguration using IFS Installer tool. Please refer to following technical documentation for that information. 

.../020_installation/400_installation_options/007_br_and_a/015_Services/010_Data_Src_Lobby/010_Inst_BI_Lobby/default.htm?nobanner=true

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks - unfortunately the data I’m talking about doesn’t really lend itself to SSAS.  It’s lists of information.  Looks like we will have to build custom LUs to hold the data if we want to display in IFS.  I was hoping the “display SSRS” in IFS was still somewhere.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Is there any experience with "Oracle Database Gateway for SQL Server". More information is given at https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/12.2/gmswn/database-gateway-for-sqlserver-introduction.html#GUID-21C2779B-C002-45E3-AD40-8A8FF47B25AC