Solved

SQL Quick Report Query Flags and LOV in Aurena

• 20 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I’m working in IFS Applications 10 Update 12.  

In IEE, I create a quick report according to the documentation using a list of values and Query Flags: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r1/foundation1/045_administration_aurena/255_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/010_quickreports/default.htm

SELECT * from customer_info where customer_category_db LIKE '&[-CS--]CUSTOMER_INFO.CUSTOMER_CATEGORY_DB'

Viewing the report produces the expected parameter “Customer Category” with the expected list of values.  If I run the report with the value “Customer”, many records are returned.

I switch over to Aurena and go to  Reporting/Order Report/ and order my report.  The parameter shows as the view name and does not have the list of values.  Even if I manually type in the value “Customer”, the report returns nothing.

Am I missing a step or two in Aurena to get the list of values to work as described in the tech doc?

I’ve used these query flags and lov sources often in IEE and have not had any issues.  This is the first time I’ve tried this in Aurena and don’t understand why it’s failing to produce the lov and run.

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 22 September 2022, 10:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Query Flag support is only available in IFS EE. It’s not implemented in Aurena and is a limitation.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks for the reply.  Is the list of values functionality for SQL type Quick Reports that is mentioned in the 21r1 tech docs inaccurate too?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes, the limitation is there for all IFS Cloud tracks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Okay, just to clarify, are both of these statements true?

In Aurena SQL Quick Reports, the Query Flag functionality described in the Cloud tech doc does not work.

SELECT * from customer_info where customer_category_db LIKE '&[-CS--]CUSTOMER_INFO.CUSTOMER_CATEGORY_DB'

In Aurena SQL Quick Reports, the Default Values functionality described in the Cloud tech doc does not work.

SELECT * from customer_info where customer_category_db = '&CUSTOMER_INFO.CUSTOMER_CATEGORY_DB'
Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Yes, for the moment query flags and default values are not supported in IFS Cloud due to limitations. We have missed to remove this from the technical doc for IFS Cloud. We will correct this.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Okay, thank you very much for looking into this for me.