Question

Site security in custom LU

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi All,

I was told that creating a custom field in a custom logical unit and referencing it to the site, IFS would give access only to the rows that the user is allowed to. Unfortunately it doesn’t work. Any user can see all the rows. Which is the right approach to solve this problem ? Saved search is not a solution because the user can still modify the parameters and get other site data.

Thanks to all the people that can help me.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

As far as I am concerned, I don’t think there is a straight forward solution and that this is a limitation with custom logical units.

Fundamentally, there is no functionality that allows you to essentially add a where clause to the system generated CLV view to filter by user allowed sites or any other criteria.

Even if you had access to the database, would I recommend altering the system generated CLV view?!  Probably not because of the inherent risks involved, for example deployment considerations when moving between environments.

To fulfil your requirement properly it would be a modification if the various workarounds are deemed unacceptable.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Currently there is no functionality to define a filter in Custom entities. We have this in our roadmap, which we expect to deliver in a future release.

I’m not the expert in Site security, however in this particular scenario, hope you have defined the custom field by referencing the site either using a public get method of one of the Site related APIs or as a SELECT statement. If the site security had been properly available in get method/view used in SELECT, that Row Level Security should be applicable. You should not see any records in site that you are not allowed to. There is nothing to do with such RLS from custom framework. So please make sure those get methods / views contain Site security conditions as expected.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello Navinth,

What do you exactly mean with “ using a public get method of one of the Site related APIs or as a SELECT statement “ ?

This is my Custom Field :