Solved

Simple Excel plugin

• 22 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hi, I have created a simple excel plugin layout for the Purchase_Receipt_Rep order report but nothing happens when I print and choose ‘Email Report’. Is there something that needs to be setup on the server to allow the Excel plugin or is my xml wrong?

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 1 February 2021, 09:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

In order for this to work you need to print to a logical printer. Normally for just sending an email you need to print to the NO_PRINTOUT logical printer. 

So make sure,

1. When you select the ‘Email Report’ from your application a print job is placed for a logical printer. If you are printing from the Print Dialog, you can just press OK.
  2. From the Print Manager check if the print job is there and if the job completes successfully and the job is not errored out.
  3. Check your mail server setting. Maybe the connect MAIL_SENDER is not properly configured. If this is the case the application message created in OUT or NOTIFICATION queue will be errored out. Check the states there.
  4. Check if you mail server allows sending mails to the email domains that you have given. Some companies blocks sending mails to outside email address.

Hope this helps to solve your issue.

Regards,
Chanaka

Badge +3

Hi Chanaka,

Thanks for you response. I checked the Print Manager as you suggested and found the following entry. Have you any suggestions on what I need to do to fix this?

Regards 

Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

It’s hard to tell with just the screenshot. If you hover on the message column or increase the width you should see the full error message or query the print_job_tab for the print key and see the full message.

My guess is that there was an error when the plugin class was been initiated. It’s different for tracks.

Apps 10

ifs.application.reportingservices.impl.extendedformatter.excelplugin.SimpleExcelPlugin

Apps 9 and below

ifs.application.printagentservice.impl.extendedformatter.excelplugin.SimpleExcelPlugin

Regards,

Chanaka

Badge +3

Hi Chanaka

I’ve checked on the screen and in the print_job_tab and there isn’t any more information for the error

Print_Job_Tab 

We are running Apps 8 and you mentioned for that the below plugin class ifs.application.printagentservice.impl.extendedformatter.excelplugin.SimpleExcelPlugin.

Is there anything for me to look at with that or do you think it is just my xml for the Purchase_Receipt_Rep,  (see attached). I’ve renamed from .rpl to .txt to allow it to be attached.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

In your RPL that is attached to this thread the plug-in class is 

ifs.application.reportingservices.impl.extendedformatter.excelplugin.SimpleExcelPlugin

not

ifs.application.printagentservice.impl.extendedformatter.excelplugin.ExcelPlugin

So it will definitely not work. The correct class for Apps8 is 

ifs.application.printagentservice.impl.extendedformatter.excelplugin.ExcelPlugin

also there is a space at the beginning.

Add the sender in the RPL as well.

When ordering make sure that you don’t have the email checkbox ticked in the Print Dialog.

You should only print to the NO_PRINTOUT logical printer.

Regards,

Chanaka

Badge +3

Thank you so much! That is now working. I just made the changes as you suggested in your post and it worked

Badge +3