Question

Send Saved Search Validation Error

• 17 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

IFS APPS 10

Someone has created a saved search on the Purchase Order Lines screen, and it works for them. They have tried to send it to one of their colleagues, using the Send option in the search screen, but they get this error message. I have tested sending the same saved search with that user logged in on the test system and it worked.  The only thing I can think of is that the list of parts in the Part No. field is very long - is there a length limit for search fields when sending searches? In my test, I only tried it with about 3 or 4 part no.s in my search. 

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Update - I have just found out that the Part No. field in this search has a string of parts 22,870 characters long. While the search does work for the user who created it, it is the sending that fails with the error msg given above. does anyone know the max length of search strings in a saved search that will allow it to be sent to someone else without error?

Badge +5

Hi,

How is the problem to solved? Or is it solved?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi, it was never resolved, I guess that is just a limit in the code for this function. The person who was being sent the search just created their own with the information from the person who was trying to send it to them.