Question

SEARCH_DOMAIN_ERRORS

• 27 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi All

I am faceing ”SEARCH_DOMAIN_ERRORS” while i trying to build the IFSPROD environment.

Does anyone have or idea? How to resolved?

Environment : Linux Oracle 19.16c ,Ifs bulid APP10UPD11

Deploy IFS Applications Database Objects

!!!Error deploying file fndbas\ApplicationSearch.apv at 27-OCT-22 17:51:18
!!!Error occurred while executing Plsql Block
DECLARE
   PROCEDURE Alter_Column_Comment (
      view_name_   IN VARCHAR2,
      column_name_ IN VARCHAR2,
      comment_     IN VARCHAR2)
   IS
      stmt_ VARCHAR2(32767) := 'COMMENT ON COLUMN ' || view_name_ || '.' || column_name_ || ' IS ''' || REPLACE(comment_, '''', '''''') || '''';
   BEGIN
      EXECUTE IMMEDIATE stmt_;
   END Alter_Column_Comment;
BEGIN
   Alter_Column_Comment('SEARCH_DOMAIN_ERRORS', 'search_domain', 'PROMPT=Search Domain^');
   Alter_Column_Comment('SEARCH_DOMAIN_ERRORS', 'index_name', 'PROMPT=Index Name^');
   Alter_Column_Comment('SEARCH_DOMAIN_ERRORS', 'text_key', 'PROMPT=Text Key^');
   Alter_Column_Comment('SEARCH_DOMAIN_ERRORS', 'error_text', 'PROMPT=Error Text^');
   Alter_Column_Comment('SEARCH_DOMAIN_ERRORS', 'timestamp', 'PROMPT=Timestamp^');
   Alter_Column_Comment('SEARCH_DOMAIN_ERRORS', 'title', 'PROMPT=Title^');
   EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'GRANT SELECT ON SEARCH_DOMAIN_ERRORS TO IFSSYS';
END;
ORA-01720: grant option does not exist for 'SYS._BASE_USER'
ORA-06512: at line 18

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @amalsahu,

This looks like a permission issue. Which user are you using to run this? 

Best Regards,
Charana

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Charana Udugama 

We are trying to build new Production Environment with  bulid APP10UPD11 and user is “SYS”. First step Prepare Database was successfully. We are facing this issue on 2nd step “Prepare database” form execute a predefined script for preparing database for IFS Applications.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

HI @amalsahu,

I think I understand the issue. The answer is not that difficult but slightly tricky to explain. I’ve found a forum where the issue and the solution are explained perfectly. How to Resolve ORA-01720: grant option does not exist - Ed Chen Logic. It does a way better job explaining.

Please try this out and let me know if it works. 

Best Regards,
Charana

Badge +2

Hi,

following grant is needed to execute:

grant select on sys."_BASE_USER" to ctxsys with grant option;

Petr

Badge +3

Hi,
You can try the grants explained in the previous comments. However, the root cause could be that Oracle 19.16 is not compatible with UPD11. If you try a Oracle version which was released before UPD 11, this error or any other related errors can be mitigated

Regards,
Nishanth

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

This issue is identified as a bug correction in Oracle RU 19.14 where a grant to sys."_BASE_USER"  was lowered from SELECT to READ privileges.

This in turn makes the IFS SEARCH_DOMAIN_ERRORS view fail with a grant error.
The failing grant is given to IFSSYS, but the SEARCH_DOMAIN_ERRORS view is not used by any client code, so even if the grant fails, then application will still work without any issues.

RnD is aiming to correct this in Apps10 UPD20 

Workaround until then is as mention above:
grant select on sys."_BASE_USER" to ctxsys with grant option;

Badge

Hi, I have a question about the Search domain. When I search for a particular object, I receive a warning message stating "Error updating the search index." Clicking on this warning displays error stacks with timestamps. These errors date back to 2020.

However, when I checked with Oracle object to verify the index validity and the last time the data was analyzed, everything seemed fine—the indexes were valid and analyzed last week.

My first question: Why does the "Application Monitoring Console" continue to show the warning message when the indexes are valid?

Secondly, is there a way to clear these old errors in the search domain after validating the index?

It's worth noting that there is nothing wrong with the indexes in the respective tables. Your insights would be greatly appreciated!