Question

Scheduling IAL to Copy All Data

• 22 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Good Morning,

We are trying to schedule an existing IAL to copy all data at scheduled time to run a report faster.

The problem here is the option ‘Copy All Data’ is not available for that specific and several other IAL’s and I see its available for some. How can I change it from ‘Use Live Data’ to ‘Copy All Data’

I understand with this option, we will not have upto the second data in that report, is there a way to solve this i.e copy all data at scheduled time at night and then add recent data at the time when user run report to get up-to-date data.

So far I tried to deploy IAL again without checking ‘Create IAL for Live Data only’ and I get following message. Not sure what it is looking for

Any ideas how to resolve this.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @OrangeCloud 

Just accept this default tablespace.

In case you would like to create indexes, there will be another message pop up to select space for it, something like IFSAPP_INDEX.

To make IAL ready for Partial Replication (Copy only new data) IAL code must contain OBJDATE column with some Date parseable values.

In case you will select Copy all data and then want user to see also newest data, you should combine in the report code to fetch data from IAL table and then newest data from IFS views. I’m achieving this quite easily using one IAL as basic data source (usually i’m naming this with _LIVE ending), then replicable IAL which fetches data from the _LIVE IAL. Then i have a business logic in first one, so i can use it to replicate data as well as fetching live data in report.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks @Wiktor.