Solved

Schedule Database Task

• 16 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I’m looking to schedule a database task for 8 AM, 12 PM, & 4 PM. They don’t want me to set a 4 hour interval because they don’t want notifications in the evening and overnight.

Is this something that I can achieve with the custom option? If so, how?

I’d gladly accept any other ideas on how to do this. It’s a system message, so I don’t think I can just make 2 copies of it.

thanks

Mike

icon

Best answer by dsj 16 June 2021, 15:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @mfrejik 

You can create three tasks. When you create three tasks, you can go on and create Scheduled Database Task Chain to execute those tasks in order as per business requirement. 

Further you can evaluate using of Cutsom schedule option at Database task schedule  to enter a Custom SQL expression to run same task on selected timing.

These are the two options available and the first one will be easiest and straight forward one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m looking to schedule a database task for 8 AM, 12 PM, & 4 PM. They don’t want me to set a 4 hour interval because they don’t want notifications in the evening and overnight.

Is this something that I can achieve with the custom option? If so, how?

I’d gladly accept any other ideas on how to do this. It’s a system message, so I don’t think I can just make 2 copies of it.

thanks

Mike

Hi @mfrejik,

You can achieve this with custom expression. Below expression will run the schedule job everyday at 8AM, 12PM and 4 PM

freq=daily;byhour=8,12,16;byminute=0;bysecond=0;

SQL expression can be a valid schedule accepted by oracle scheduler. More details can be found in Oracle documentation https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/ARPLS/d_sched.htm#ARPLS72235

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks, Damith!

That worked perfectly.