Question

REST sender authentication

• 5 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi

Has any once tried calling IFS REST API in the main layer form another IFS application instance using REST sender? If so, can you please explain how? I am having issue with REST sender getting the access token using ROPC authentication. IFS IDP requires more information than what the rest sender able to enter in the configuration of the routing address (such as scope, response_type, resource, grant_type ...) This all posisbel to do in POSTMAN and it works fine but with rest sender, I found to way to pass this data for the authentication.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Kamal,

I haven’t used ROPC by myself but as I understand authentication flow with ROPC is; user provides the username and password with client ID and IDP returns ID/Access tokens. Then you can access the resources using the tokens.

Therefore it should be two calls when using ROPC, first to get the tokens and then the actual call with the token which is not possible with REST sender.

In addition, REST sender from another instance is also can be considered a system integration, therefore it should use int projections with basic authentication.

Cheers!

Damith