Skip to main content

I have an event action that calls a REST API endpoint on the system SHOP_ORDER_RELEASED event. I was wondering how I handle the response from the API? Basically when it works, it works great and I don’t need to show anything to the user. 

However, in the event of a failure I want the response to be sent to the user and the event to stop. I can move this to an entirely custom event if that helps. But I have no idea how I can handle the response in this event action. 

Right now I see the event finished and the result indicates a failure, I would like to do something in this case. 

May be a new event sending emails when application message fail?  or try workflow.

May be a new event sending emails when application message fail?  or try workflow.

The event is on Shop Order release and similar to a PLSQL execution I would expect the event to fail on REST call failure I.E. HTTP 400 or similar. At the very least I would expect there be some mechanism for handling the response, is that even possible?