Question

Report Rule Variable PrintedBy

• 14 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 3 replies

Hi
we are trying to write a report rule that send email only when report is printed by either Printer ID = NoPrintout or Printed by IFSADMIN. (I made sure syntax/case is correct from logical printers for printer id)

Report rule is not recognizing this condition. if i remove below highlighted condition, report rule evaluated to be true and email fire. I tried on both variables PrinterId and PrintedBy - same result. Can someone let me know how to provide correct value for these variables.

2 replies

Badge +2

from docs.ifs.com I find out that both of these Variables could be empty. Can anyone point me to the right solution, how to configure the report rule if i want to send email only if the report is printed by IFSADMIN or the pinterid = NOPrintout

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @UKh

regarding the User:

Is it possible for you to use the CurrentUser variable instead ? That seems to work in my example (22R2).

Regarding the selected printer:

Unfortunately this looks like it's picked up AFTER the report rules apply making it unfeasible to do it that way. The functionality of the screen is just generic so it is available in the screen even though it has no function in that specific step yet.

I would recommend finding a different way of identifying when this rule should apply (since I'm guessing you want to SET the printer to no printout as seen from your example).