Solved

Report Rule Log for errors in App8

• 24 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

In IFS App8 version, Report Rule Log screen does not explain the reason for the errors in detail (why it is in error and so on). At least, an idea can be got, only if a print job ID is also there, so that we can go to the relevant print job and take  look.

Otherwise, I think we can not find on which report rule, the error has occurred and why. I have checked App9, and it provides a more detailed error description including the rule ID which has had the error.

Are these errors are saved in a log file in some folder in the application server in more detail ?

Can we get some information through the log ID (the highlighted part in the screen shot) ?

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by Randini Jayasundara 27 September 2021, 05:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @ThushAsanka 

Just double click on the Message field. You will see some more information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Randini Jayasundara ,

Ohh I didn’t think it would contain any more information, since there are very much space left although I enlarge the column, so I didn’t try double click to see. 😀.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I see more and more information after double click. There is a row with space after the Executing rule message, and I think that is why we cannot see the rest of the message.

I have not seen this occurrence in IFS application before. 😁. (I have seen that Error message is normally showing as per the length of the column as even a part of that, so we know there’s more, and double click to see)

Thank you very much, Randini.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @ThushAsanka 

It’s glad this information was useful. In App9 too you can double click and see more information.