Skip to main content

We are currently using APPS10 update 20

We have a report rule working to generate a PDF file on a local server with an OutputFileName naming convention:

INV_6302_IFS[@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/CUSTOMER_NO]_[@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/INVOICE_NO].pdf

This works perfectly

I now want to add the invoice date as a string ‘YYYYDDMM’

When I try to add the field I get no error but also no output.

INV_6302_IFS_@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/CUSTOMER_NO]_N@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/INVOICE_NO]_N@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/INVOICE_DATE].pdf

Assuming this is because of the date format being pulled from the field but how do I change it.

Any help appreciated

Action properties:

@pknight You could format the file name using SQL. This would allow to you create any date format you need and convert it to a string.

>&SELECT 'INV_6302_IFS'||''@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/CUSTOMER_NO]'||'_'||''@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/INVOICE_NO]'||'_'||to_char(trunc(''@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/INVOICE_DATE]'), 'YYYYDDMM')||'.pdf' FROM dual]

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I didn’t realise SQL was allowed.

Tried the above though with no success but using SQL without the date works fine. So still an issue with format i assume.

p&SELECT 'INV_6302_IFS'||'|@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/CUSTOMER_NO]'||'_'||'|@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/INVOICE_NO]'||’.pdf' FROM dual]

Works perfectly but no date.

Thanks

@pknight This should work now.

>&select 'INV_6302_IFS'||''@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/CUSTOMER_NO]'||'_'||''@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/INVOICE_NO]'||'_'||to_char(to_date(''@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/INVOICE_DATE]', 'YYYY-MM-DD"T"HH24:MI:SS'), 'YYYYMMDD')||'.pdf' from dual]  

The date was coming in as a string like this: 2009-06-29T00:00:00

So, we need to convert that to a date and then we can format it as YYYYMMDD.

to_char(to_date('2009-06-29T00:00:00', 'YYYY-MM-DD"T"HH24:MI:SS'), 'YYYYMMDD')

Perfect.

Thank you for the quick responses.

Much appreciated.