Question

Report rule and Xpath

• 11 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello,

I am trying to set up a report rule for the PROJECT_INVOICE_REP using a Report rule with the document check in action. The key for the connection of the document to the project invoice screen is the company and the invoice id but strangely I cannot find INVOICE_ID in the xpath. We are on APPS10 UPD6. 

Can anybody help please? I have tried to add INVOICE_ID in the expression field but it does not work.

Many Thanks,

Anne-Sophie

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi

The xpath section shows the fields in the report schema and the custom fields. If the INVOICE_ID is not in the report schema/model then it will not be shown in the expression dialog.

If you want the INVOICE_ID you need to update the model and add it to the model and generate the schema and used that new schema.

Maybe the INVOICE_ID is named differently in the schema. Maybe it’s INVOICE_NO or ID etc.

If the INVOICE_ID is shown in the generated PDF then you can check how that is taken in the Repot layout field by editing the layout in Report Designer Tool.

Another way is, instead of giving the xpath you can call a API method using a SQL query and get the INVOICE_ID. How to do so is given in the Administration Guide.

e.g. [&ARCHIVE_API.Get_Report_Title(‘[#Reportid]’)]

https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps10/Foundation1/040_administration/250_operational_reporting/070_report_rules/default.htm

Administration Guide > Operational Reports > Report Rule

Regards,
Chanaka

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Chanaka,

Many thanks, I will have a look. I cannot access the link you have given me unfortunately, it asks for username and password.

Thanks again,

Anne-Sophie

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Ok, maybe you don’t have access to that site, but you can have a look at the documentation from your local documentation site. The path to the relevant information is,

Administration Guide > Operational Reports > Report Rule

/Chanaka