Question

Rental Package Part Structure

• 13 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I am working in IFS 10 with rental inventory parts and was wondering if there way to create packages for Rental parts in the same fashion as the Sales parts? This is the ability to group / package a number of inventory parts together with a single selection (i.e. Sound System package with Soundboard, speakers, lights, etc.).

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Curt,

Package parts aren’t supported currently, but I know that this has been requested so need to keep an eye on the roadmap to see when support for them will be introduced.

Regards,
Antony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Curt,

No idea if it will work, just an idea. Prepare a customer order line with a rental part. The rental part is a package part. Once the line is release, the parts that are included in the package are also connected to the same Rental number. These parts are connected using an event.

This helps with the rental follow up, but maybe a maintenance problem when one of the rental lines is for example removed or the quantity is changed. Enough to think about. Again, maybe it is an idea.

Steve

Badge +1

Antony,

Thanks for the update.

Badge +1

Steve,

Thank you for another direction to try. I have not worked with event triggers, but now is as good a time as any to look into this feature.

Curtis

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

If you use Serialized parts, you can maybe use the spare parts tab as well for storing package information. It is not how it should be, but at least you have a standard table to store this information. (as inspiration, in addition to Steve's idea)