Solved

Remove Label from a Custom Field

• 11 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

I have created two custom fields, one for Region and the other for Description. The fields will sit side by side, however, I would like to hide the label from the second Custom Field (Description). 

For Example: currently I have “Region: Description:  *Field*   *Field*

I would prefer to amend the Region label to include Description, so would like 

Region Description:  *Field*   *Field*

So to omit the unwanted colon after Region.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by durette 11 August 2021, 18:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @BMORGAN ,

Using two fields I don’t think you will be able to do it, but if those are read only attributes then you can define another custom attribute (Region Description)  using Select Statement to combine Region and Description values.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Wimali

Badge +4

Hi Wimali,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, the Region field is Persistent.

Regards,

Ben

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You might try to move the label far off-screen or hide it behind another field.

It’s not documented, but if you edit the profile directly, you can change the TopLabel value to a negative value like -100 to hide it altogether.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @BMORGAN,

Add a new custom filed with select statement like below,

Here Ccf$_test1 is the persistent custom filed field and Customer_Order_Cfp.Get_Cf$_Test2(B.order_no) is the read only custom field

SELECT cf$_test1 || ' - ' || Customer_Order_Cfp.Get_Cf$_Test2(B.order_no)  FROM CUSTOMER_ORDER_CFV B WHERE objkey = :objkey

Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Avindu Hendawitharana

Badge +4

Hi @durette,

Thank you for your simple yet effective approach. 

I managed to hide one custom field label behind another field which works perfectly. However, I have another custom field label which remains in front of all the other field on the screen. 

Is there an order selection in IFS, so I can change the order and send certain fields to the back?

Kind Regards,

Ben 

Badge +4

Hi @Avindu Hendawitharana,

Thank you for you suggestion. 

I did try your approach but with no joy. No doubt this is an issue with myself failing to input the correct values. However, I then realised your approach was to combined the two fields into one, which is not what I’m after but I will certainly make a note of your approach for future reference.

Kind Regards,

Ben

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Is there an order selection in IFS, so I can change the order and send certain fields to the back? 

I don’t think so. They’re sorted alphabetically* when the profile is loaded.

(* I discovered earlier this week that the exact sorting behavior is driven from the database session’s NLS_SORT value, which comes from the NLS_LANGUAGE setting configured in the IFS language settings. For this reason, a given profile might not work with multiple languages if they disagree on how the custom fields should be sorted.)

Badge +4

Many thanks all.

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Ben