Solved

Remote Deployment in IFS Cloud

• 27 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

In remote deployment, can we have one management server(VM) that can connect to multiple test environments? or do we need to have a management server for each test environment?

Regards,

Sri

icon

Best answer by hhanse 27 September 2023, 14:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @untsrikanth,

As per my knowledge, this is not yet supported. You should probably be able to make it work with a few tweaks. For instance, you would have to merge the kubeconfig file to include all the clusters and/or set the correct context every time you open a command line to run a kubectl command. Furthermore I am not sure how the IFS Cloud installer would behave when there are multiple environments. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,
You can do this if you also have multiple ifsroot folder structures. Not sure it’s officially supported though, but technically it works…

But as Charith Epitawatta  mentions you need to be aware that your session connects to the correct cluster… this is done by setting e.g. the KUBECONFIG parameter to point to the config file of each ifsroot folders - this needs to be done every time you connect to a cluster.
In the ifsinstaller folder there is a undocumented script set_remote_envs.cmd that will set the KUBECONFIG and default namespace. This script only works if the ifsroot structure is correctly setup and used as described in techdoc. There is no error handling or any support of set_remote_envs.cmd, but for me it works 100%

Badge +2

@Charith Epitawatta @hhanse Thanks for your replies. Good to know these work arounds.