Solved

Reload Configuration in Custom Logical Unit/ Custom Page

• 27 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +14

Hi All,

Whenever I wanted to reload configuration in Custom Page, I used to delete the existing Custom Page and create a new page with a different name under Custom Pages tab. Once I update an Attribute or add a new Attribute to existing custom LU, I’m facing this issue.
I’m trying this after Synchronizing the changes and also use Reload Configuration RMB over custom page, on the header of the Custom LU and on Custom Pages tab.
Could you please let me know the correct way to do this other than creating new custom page. 

I’m currently using APP09 and had faced the same issue in APP10 as well.

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 27 October 2021, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @MitDenukN,

You can use the Update Page Layout and Reset Layout RMP options as mentioned in this document:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/020_custom_objects/070_custom_pages/020_modify_page_layout/default.htm

Edit: Just noticed you are on IFSAPP9. I have attached the document for IFSAPP9 here. It is a little different from IFSAPP10.

Hope this helps!

Badge +14

Hi @Charith Epitawatta , Thank you very much.
As this is for updating layout, do you have any idea how to reload attribute changes to the custom page.

Thank you again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Charith Epitawatta , Thank you very much.
As this is for updating layout, do you have any idea how to reload attribute changes to the custom page.

Thank you again.

I am not quite sure I understand the question. Hope you saw the document I later attached to the comment as well. It is about how to synchronize changes made to the LU with a page associated to the LU. 

If this is not what you are looking for, please elaborate a bit more. 

Badge +14

I have a reference type custom field for Customer ID and later I wanted to change the Display Text, only to display the customer id. After this change I have Synchronized the Custom LU and then used Update Page Layout RMB. But it didn’t update the custom field in the page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @MitDenukN,

I tried the same in one of our reference environments, but could not recreate the issue. It updated the display text on the page immediately. 

Have you tried the reset option? In your page, do an RMB and go to properties → Layout and click on the reset layout link to do this.

Apply and save this and then add the fields to the page again. 

If this doesn’t work either, try manually refreshing Custom Objects cache by running the following PL/SQL block directly on the database:

BEGIN

Install_Tem_SYS.Installation_Support('REFRESH_CUSTOMOBJECTS', NULL);

END;

You may have to restart the IEE client as well after this. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +14

Thank you very much @Charith Epitawatta. manually refreshing Custom Object Cache worked for me.

Thanks again.