Question

Reference path different to method signature

• 11 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi All,

I don’t know if anybody can help me. I am trying to add a custom field to my “EmpCareerPlan” logical unit as a Read only field as a reference to a COMPANY_PERSON_ALL where I need one field called Position title. 

I am struggling to change it as you can see is defaulting me to a method signature fields only.

So I need to get reference path fields from COMPANY_PERSON_ALL where I know the “Position title” field exists. 

I hope this makes sense. Basically I would like to do when somebody chosen manually reviewer in their performance and development plan the other custom field populate manually with full name of position title (not just short version POS_CODE - SUP = Supervisor).

Also the full position title can be taken from here:

However this is only persistent field where user would need to do use LOV and they would have to know POS_CODE of reviewer first. So not really good for me. 

Can somebody tell me if is even possible. Couldn’t work it out with SQL as not sure what arguments to put in and also expression. 

I will be great full for any ideas. 

Thank you

Kate 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

So I have managed to work out a bit where I can change a reference path:

EmpCareerPlan=>CompanyPerson(Cf$_Job_Tit)=>CompanyPosition(Pos_Code).Position_Title

However my other problem is that when all saved the field is showing as private and I can’t make it public at all. Not sure why (thinking that company person may be causing an issue), however the user I am logged in and completing this work is added to protected persons, so surely this shouldn’t be an issue? 

Anyway if anyone knows, would be great. 

Thank you

Kate