Skip to main content
Solved

Purchase Transaction history

• 15 July 2024
  • 1 reply

We are currently using IFS Apps 9, and I am relatively new to the ERP system. As I familiarize myself with IFS, I am working on creating a quick report to retrieve purchase order line details associated with general ledger vouchers.

In the Purchase Transaction History form, there is a field for the part number description E.g. (Dye Penetrant Testing in the below screenshot), but unfortunately, there is no direct column for the part description available in this view. To retrieve the part description, I am aware that I can join the Purchase Order Line table. However, I am curious if there is an alternative method to obtain this data without requiring a join. Thank you for assistance !

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello.

I am not sure if this works in Apps9 as well but in Apps10 you got additional information regarding each field in menu.

As you already mentioned the information in “Part No” is connected with SQL column “PART_NO”. For description field IFS uses an internal API: “Purchase_Order_Line_API.Get_Part_Description(ORDER_NO, RELEASE_NO, SEQUENCE_NO, ORDER_TYPE)”.

If you use this expression in SQL statement, you will get the description.

Regards