Question

Purchase requisition lines - add a new cutom field

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello.

On the Purchase requisition lines screen, I don’t manage to add a new custom field in read only.

I made this SQL statement :

select STORAGE_ZONE_ID
from INVENT_PART_PUTAWAY_ZONE
where PART_NO=:PART_NO
order by RANKING DESC
FETCH NEXT 1 ROWS ON

But I’m getting an IFS error, mentionning the call of the PURCHASE_REQ_LINE view, although the Purchase requisition lines screen calls the PURCHASE_REQ_LINE_ALL view.

Is that actually possible to add and to display my new custom field on this screen?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You can join in the view that has part number and then supply the three key parameters instead of just part no:

SELECT i.storage_zone_id
FROM invent_part_putaway_zone i,
purchase_req_line_all p
WHERE i.part_no = p.part_no
AND i.contract = p.contract
AND p.requisition_no = :requisition_no
AND p.line_no = :line_no
AND p.release_no = :release_no
ORDER BY ranking DESC
FETCH NEXT 1 ROWS ONLY

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @romsar 

“To be able extend a View with Custom Fields or Information Cards, all records in the view must have a rowkey which correspond to a record in the base table. There are views defined which are created using joins or unions where this is not the case. Custom fields and Information Cards functionality would not work on these views.”

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/020_custom_objects/090_cus_obj_references/060_KnownLimitations.htm

you can try one of below.

1. You could first add part_no as a read only custom field (referring to PURCHASE_REQ_LINE_ALL ) and then pass that to this query. 
  2. Or you could join PURCHASE_REQ_LINE_ALL to above query and pass order no, line no and release no information using params and join the part number. (I did not try this though but should be possible.)

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

You can join in the view that has part number and then supply the three key parameters instead of just part no:

SELECT i.storage_zone_id
FROM invent_part_putaway_zone i,
purchase_req_line_all p
WHERE i.part_no = p.part_no
AND i.contract = p.contract
AND p.requisition_no = :requisition_no
AND p.line_no = :line_no
AND p.release_no = :release_no
ORDER BY ranking DESC
FETCH NEXT 1 ROWS ONLY

Many thanks for your reply, although I could synchronize the configuration, the new custom field is not listed among the custom field list available.

On SQL side, I can see the new custom field on the PURCHASE_REQ_LINE_CFV view

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @romsar 

“To be able extend a View with Custom Fields or Information Cards, all records in the view must have a rowkey which correspond to a record in the base table. There are views defined which are created using joins or unions where this is not the case. Custom fields and Information Cards functionality would not work on these views.”

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/020_custom_objects/090_cus_obj_references/060_KnownLimitations.htm

you can try one of below.

1. You could first add part_no as a read only custom field (referring to PURCHASE_REQ_LINE_ALL ) and then pass that to this query. 
  2. Or you could join PURCHASE_REQ_LINE_ALL to above query and pass order no, line no and release no information using params and join the part number. (I did not try this though but should be possible.)

Hi, thanks for the reply but there is something weird on the IFS side : I managed to add the custom field on the configuration, I can see the new custom field on the PURCHASE_REQ_LINE_CFV view, but this same custom field is not a custom field available on the screen as it’s not listed.

I’m pretty sure that it’s because of the IFS screen itself as it calls the PURCHASE_REQ_LINE_ALL view, but not PURCHASE_REQ_LINE

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

For info, I have a similar issue with the purchase order lines screen (url = ifsapf:tbwPurchaseOrderLine_Ext )