Solved

Projections missing in 23R1 from 22R2?

• 30 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed that a few projections are missing from 23R1’s list that were previously in 22R2? We noticed that some projections, such as CustomerReceiptHandling is available in 22R2 but is gone in 23R1, which is causing issues for us since we are having issues with register arrivals and RMA processes.

Has anyone else encountered this? and if so, what is the fix for this?

Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by dsj 30 January 2024, 22:10

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@bdoucette 2 things I have noticed after the service upgrades

• page configs in custom contexts tend to become outdated due to new functions / change in function definitions in the pages. For example, we were using a custom context, and after the upgrade weird errors were happening. Then we rebased the pages where we did some configurations and the errors were gone.
  • some projections were having Custom access for some permission sets. Users were getting errors due to lack of access to perform some commands in a page. We run a script (via delivery) to grant full access to projections

I think it’s worth checking if your page configurations have been rebased. I imagine, if some projections have been retired, then the same functionality must exist in another projection, but due to page configs being outdated this doesn’t work as it should.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Marcel.Ausan 

We saw the same for the two issues you mentioned, but this is a bit different. That projection is gone completely, it does not appear in the permission set - projection grant page, and it does not appear in the API explorer. We think IFS changed some things but we aren’t sure how to process RMA’s now because of it…

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @bdoucette,

We had the same problem in a different projection and had a hard time tracking the changes.

Here are some tips on my lessons learned from the troubleshooting.

buildplace logs is one way to check the breaking projection changes before it makes any impact on customer solution.

_projection_changes.log contains the information about what projections has been changed in the update.

I checked one of our customer 23R1 log and noted your problem

Since 23R1 introduced entity projections, new projection list is so long and it’s hard to ‘guess’ what’s the replacement.

One suggestion is to compare the projection calls in debug console for the business flow in both versions to identify which projection is called in 23R1. Other than that, I don’t know if there’s an easy way to identify the changes.

Regards,

Damith

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @dsj 

Thanks Damith, great information as always.

Best,
Bryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@bdoucette I think that this functionality was redesigned in 23R1 into a central way of receipting from Customers and Suppliers. I think it is called Inbound Shipment. It is more generic to handle source ref 1,2,3,4 which can be a PO or a CO,

main/ifsapplications/web/page/RegisterArrivals/

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @bdoucette 

You can also go through the following links given in portal to get to know about the changes took place in projection API’s between two release updates. IFS Developer Portal

/Harshini

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@hamalk thanks for the link. It’s good to know that these changes are documented and available to the public.