Question

problem with starting IFS with internet exploler

• 13 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello

I have problem. I cant start IFS Enterprise from Internet Exploler on Windows Server 2016. 

when I click on the IFS tile, nothing happens - 
a file download notification appears for a second and then disappears. the file is not downloaded

I need to run IFS via local path C: \ IFS \ ifsdev \ repository \ client \ runtime - when its work 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

It looks like your server may be somewhat security-hardened (which is a good thing) preventing it from launching on the server itself. 

Generally speaking I wouldn’t recommend running IFS client directly on a Windows server, use a client PC instead, but in cases where it is really needed you will need to either relax the security restrictions (not a great idea) or potentially open up access just for this site if possible (e.g. add the server to it’s own list of Trusted Sites in IE or allow downloads).

Nick

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @DominikaM,

Try clearing the Click-once cache as follows 

Close all the opened IFS application windows.

Open a command prompt and execute the below command.

“rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache”

Cheers!

Novishan

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@DominikaM  I suggest you to:
clear cache and check ,
try via Internet Explorer- Open an InPrivate Browsing Window

Manually Delete the 2.0 folder found at C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Apps

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @DominikaM,

If you are getting this same error in other browsers as well (Google Chrome/ Firefox), there must be an issue with Application Manifest file. If so, try to run F1mage.exe manually to sign the Client certificate. If the issue is only applicable to Internet Explorer, try to add the application url in to trusted sites in IE.It is better if you can use Microsoft Edge browser instead of IE (Google Chrome/ Firefox are also recommended)

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @DominikaM,

Try clearing the Click-once cache as follows 

Close all the opened IFS application windows.

Open a command prompt and execute the below command.

“rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache”

Cheers!

Novishan

Thanks, This is work! 

but after restarting Windows Server the problem reoccurs , any idea for this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @DominikaM,

Please try adding the application server access point URL as a trusted site in Internet Explorer as well by going to Tools->internet options->security->trusted sites. 

If that doesn’t solve your problem, please refer to this article from Microsoft to configure the ClickOnce trust prompt.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/visualstudio/visual-studio-2015/deployment/how-to-configure-the-clickonce-trust-prompt-behavior?view=vs-2015

Read the “Restricting the ClickOnce Trust Prompt” section in particular and do the registry fix. Since IFS Applications is signed with an Authenticode certificate, this should work, rather than setting everything to “Enabled”. 

Since you are doing a registry fix, please make sure to do it carefully so that you won’t corrupt your registry. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @DominikaM,

Please try adding the application server access point URL as a trusted site in Internet Explorer as well by going to Tools->internet options->security->trusted sites. 

If that doesn’t solve your problem, please refer to this article from Microsoft to configure the ClickOnce trust prompt.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/visualstudio/visual-studio-2015/deployment/how-to-configure-the-clickonce-trust-prompt-behavior?view=vs-2015

Read the “Restricting the ClickOnce Trust Prompt” section in particular and do the registry fix. Since IFS Applications is signed with an Authenticode certificate, this should work, rather than setting everything to “Enabled”. 

Since you are doing a registry fix, please make sure to do it carefully so that you won’t corrupt your registry. 

Web is add to Trusted sites and Local intranet, i added to reg key from your link and nothing.. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @DominikaM,

If you are logging using APPOWNER credentials, then try the admin endpoint.

e.g. <connection_string>/admin